George J. Sherman Family-Sports Complex | Storrs, Conn.
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island opened its 2013 outdoor season with a strong showing at the UConn Invitational on Saturday. The Rams recorded four first place finishes on the day.
Rhode Island Results
- Rhody had a strong finish in the 100m dash with Tyler Oliveira winning the race with a time of 10.81. Anthony Davidson (fourth-11.03), Michael DiMambro (sixth-11.23), Andrew Reigstad (seventh-11.31), Ronald Woodley (ninth-11.47), Alain Moise (tenth-11.52), Liam Cross (11th-11.69) and Shaikat Bardhan (13th-11.85) all finished for the Rams. Oliveira qualified for the IC4A Championship with his time.
- Oliveira (21.88) Jalen Young (22.02), Davidson (22.33) and Victor Boonham (22.64) finished fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh, respectively, in the 200m dash.
- Boonham recorded a second place finish in the 400m dash (49.67). Andrew Sakovits and Jose Ortiz finished fifth (50.25) and sixth (50.60), respectively.
- A second place finish was turned in by Zach Campo in the 800m run (1:54.78).
- Bardhan and Trent Baltzell finished second (15.14) and third (15.90) in the 110m hurdles.
- A team of Boonham, Oliveira, Woodley and Young won the 4x100m relay with a time of 41.80. The time was an IC4A qualifying mark.
- The 4x400m relay team of Young, Sakovits, Campo and Davidson took the top spot, reaching the line in 3:21.57.
- Jordan Burandt placed fifth in the pole vault with a height of 14'03.25.
- Freshman Benjamin Ezike finished fourth in the long jump with a distance of 23'0.50.
- Woodley won the triple jump with a mark of 47.04.5. Ezike and Ryan Rei finished fourth (43'11.75) and fifth (42'11.75), respectively.
- Andrew Piscitelli (53'05), Sam Snyder (50'07.25) and Trent Baltzell (44'09.75) finished in second, third and fourth in the shot put. Piscitelli's mark qualifies him for IC4A's.
- Snyder grabbed second place in the discus with a throw of 171'03. Piscitelli placed third with a mark of 169'05. Both marks are IC4A distances.
- William Janes finished second in the hammer throw with and IC4A mark of 190'04.
Rhody travels to Princeton, N.J. for the Howell Invitational on Friday, April 5 and Saturday April 6. The meet is set to start at 2:30 pm on Friday and 9 a.m. on Saturday.