2013 New England Men's Indoor Track and Field Championship
Track and Tennis Center | Boston, Mass.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Setting the Scene
The Rams earned a second place out of 31 total teams at the New England Championship on Saturday.
Ronald Woodley won the triple jump (48'10.75 ft.) and was named New England Champion for the third straight year.
Trent Baltzell set a new heptathlon meet record, scoring 5227 points. Needing a time of 2:41.34 in the 1000m run to break the previous record (5218), Baltzell ran a 2:40.38 in the event.
Rhode Island Results
- Anthony Davidson came from behind and won the 400m dash in 48.44 seconds. Teammate Jalen Young was close behind grabbing fourth place (48.92).
- Zach Campo took third place in the 500m run (1:03.49). Andrew Sakovits claimed fifth with a time of 1:04.40.
- Tyler Oliveira (21.62), Davidson (21.68) and Young (21.74) finished fifth-sixth-seventh in the 200m dash.
- Andrew Piscitelli scored three team points with his sixth place finish in the shot put (54'5.25 ft.).
- Woodley also finished third in the long jump, (23'6.25 ft.) and fifth in the 60m dash (7.01). Oliveira placed in the 60m dash (7.03), crossing the line in seventh.
- Rainford Thomas took sixth place when he reached a height of 6'8.25 ft. in the high jump.
- Junior Mark Castilletti and senior Wayne Seaton finished fifth (8.09) and seventh (8.10), respectively, in the 60m hurdles.
- Rhody took third in the 4x400m relay (3:14.34) and sixth in the 4x800m relay (7:41.13).
The Rams compete in the IC4A Championship on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3. Saturday is scheduled to start at 11 a.m. and Sunday is set for 10 a.m.