Track and Tennis Center | Boston, Mass.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Setting the Scene
The Rhode Island men's track and field team competed in the Terrier Invitational Saturday. The non-scoring meet was held at Boston University's fixed banked track, which differs from Rhode Island's home track, the Mackal Fieldhouse.
Rhode Island Results
- Mark Castilletti placed fifth in the 60-meter hurdles with a New England Championship qualifying time of 8:30.
- Ben Lakeman finished 22nd out of 146 in the 400-meter dash with a time of 49.43 to qualify for New England's.
- Anthony Davidson finished fourth in the 500-meter dash. He crossed the line at 1:03.51 to qualify for both New England's and IC4A's. Andrew Sakovits and Jacob Eschner also qualified for New England's with times of 1:05.46 and 1:05.72, respectively.
- With a time of 21.79 in the 200-meter dash, Tyler Oliveira qualified for New England's and finished 17th out of 195.
- Two Rams placed in the shot put with Andrew Piscitelli and Sam Snyder throwing distances of 55'5 and 52'0.5, respectively. Both marks qualify them for New England's.
- Rainford Thomas finished fifth out of 32 in the high jump. His height of 6'6.75 was a New England mark.
- Junior James Strawderman placed seventh in the pole vault, reaching a height of 15'5. Senior John Bartlett finished right behind Strawderman in eighth (15'1). Both heights were New England qualifying marks.
- A second place finish was turned in by Ronald Woodley in the triple jump (49'50). The mark qualifies him for New England's and IC4A's. Benjamin Ezike was close behind in fourth (47'1.75) with a New England mark.
- Thaddeus Kusiak finished second in the 35-pound weight throw with a distance of 60'8.5. William Janes finished in sixth with a mark of 55'7. Both distances were New England and IC4A qualifying marks.
- A team of Victor Boonham, Lakeman, Castilletti, and Davidson placed sixth in the 4x400-meter relay (3:14.73). The time qualifies them to compete in New England's and IC4A's.
The Rams return to the Mackal Fieldhouse to host the Coaches Tribute Meet Saturday, Feb. 2 at 11 a.m.