Mackal Fieldhouse | Kingston, R.I.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Day 1 - Results
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island's Andrew Reigstad leads the field after the first day of competition at the URI Heptathlon. Reigstad had 3015 points after the first four events of the two-day event. Fifteen athletes from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Southern Connecticut competed in the 60-meter dash, long jump, shot put, and high jump.
Rhode Island Results
- Reigstad recorded a personal best in the 60-meter dash (7.12 seconds), shot put (37'00.5), and the high jump (6'08.75). His height in the high jump also was an IC4A qualifying height.
- In the long jump, Reigstad reached a distance of 22'03.
- Trent Baltzell (sixth-2805), Michael DiMambro (seventh-2638), and John Pangborn (12th-2394) round out the Rhode Island competitors.
- DiMambro had the second best time in the 60-meter dash, finishing in 7.19 seconds.
- Baltzell was tied for the second best height in the high jump, with 6'07.5.
The final day of the URI Heptathlon will be Thursday, Jan. 17. Competition is set to begin at 10:00 a.m. in the Mackal Fieldhouse with the 60-meter hurdles, pole vault, and the 1,000- meter run.