Albert H. Gordon Track | Boston, Mass.
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Setting the Scene
The Rhode Island men's track and field team kicked off its 2012-13 season Saturday at the Harvard Open. Coming off an Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship last season, the Rams had a strong showing in the meet, finishing first in six events.
Rhode Island Results
- Anthony Davidson and Tyler Oliveira finished in first and second place in the 200-meter dash with times of 22.10 and 22.22.
- Zach Campo placed first in the 300-meter dash (35.57) and the 500-meter dash (1:05.24).
- Davidson grabbed his second first place finish in the 400-meter dash. He finished with a time of 48.77 just ahead of his teammate Mark Castilletti (50.18).
- In the 55-meter hurdles Wayne Seaton and Castilletti finished one-two with times of 7.56 and 7.57.
- Trent Baltzell placed first in the high jump, reaching a height of 6-08.25.
- Andrew Reigstad placed second in the long jump with a distance of 22-08.50.
- Thaddeus Kusiak finished second in the weight throw with a mark of 59-01.25.
The Rams will continue their season after winter break hosting the URI Heptathlon Wednesday, Jan. 16 and Thursday Jan. 17. The meet is set to begin at 10 a.m. both days in the Mackal Fieldhouse.