Full Results - HTM
Full Results – PDF
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island had a strong day, but Charlotte's dominance in the track events helped the 49ers claim the 2012 Atlantic 10 Outdoor Track and Field Championship Sunday at Massachusetts. Charlotte had six of the top eight individual point scorers in the meet and finished with 210 points. Rhody was second with 180 points. The rest of the field was a step back, as Temple took third with 140 points, followed by Fordham (65) and Duquesne (62) to round out the top five.
Senior Jacob Keeling was named the A-10's Most Outstanding Field Performer. After winning the javelin on Saturday, Keeling set a new conference meet record in the shot put with his toss of 18.23 meters. The previous record was 17.88m, set by Jake Deaton in 2011.
Sophomore Anthony Davidson won the 400 meter dash in a time of 47.20 seconds to score 10 team points. Teammate Ben Lakeman, a freshman, added one team point with an eighth-place finished. Davidson also finished sixth in the 200m dash to scored three team points.
* Junior Trent Baltzell, senior Joseph Sliwoski and freshman Christopher Pfrommer all placed in the decathlon for the Rams. Baltzell was second overall, followed by Sliwoski (third) and Pfrommer (eighth).
* Sam Snyder led a trio of Rams who placed in the discus. Snyder was second with his toss of 50.49m, just .53 meters behind Charlotte's Kerrick Williams. Also placing for Rhode Island were junior Andrew Piscitelli (fourth) and junior Thaddeus Kusiak (sixth).
* The quartet of Victor Boonham, Tyler Oliveira, Ronald Woodley and Nicholas Guscott placed second in the 4x100 relay with a time of 41.62 seconds. Charlotte won the event in 40.78 seconds.
* Boonham, Oliveira, Ben Lakeman and Anthony Davidson placed third in the 4x400 relay to score six points for Rhode Island.
* Junior Ronald Woodley placed third in the triple jump to score six team points.
* A trio of Rams placed in the 110m hurdles. Junior Shaikat Bardhan was fifth to score four team points, while Wayne Seaton and Mark Castilletti were seventh and eighth, respectively, to add three more points to the team total.
* Seaton and Castilleti were fifth and sixth in the 400m hurdles, while teammate Victor Booham was seventh in the race. Their depth in the event resulted in nine team points for the Rams.
* Junior Nicholas Guscott scored three team points with a sixth-place finish in the 100m dash.
* The team of Nate Wigton, John DiGangi, Marcos Rodriguez and Corey Coogan placed seventh in the 4x800 relay.
Rhode Island will compete at the New England Outdoor Championship, hosted by MIT in Cambridge, Mass. Friday, May 11 (10 a.m.).
Keeling Earns Most Outstanding Field Performer as Rams Place 2nd at A-10s
Full Results - HTM