2012 New England Indoor Championships
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Setting the Scene
Rhode Island finished second in the 2012 New England Indoor Championships with 94 points. Defending champion Connecticut won with 118.50. Rounding out the top five were Southern Connecticut State (71), Central Connecticut (55.50), and UMass Lowell in fifth with 49 points.
Rhode Island Results
- Anthony Davidson won the 500-meter dash, shattering his own record that he set on Friday, timing in at 1:01.61. His championship time was more than 0.5 seconds faster than his record performance from Friday. Davidson also placed fourth in the 200m dash (21.55) to score five team points. Fellow Ram Victor Boonham (21.67) placed sixth in the 200 for three more team points. (Davidson interview).
- Also earning individual titles were Nathan Wigton in the 1,000m run (2:28.91) and Ronald Woodley in the triple jump in a season-best 15.08m. Wigton and Woodley eached scored 10 points for the Rams. (Wigton interview) and (Woodley interview).
- Rhody's 4x400m relay team finished third in 3:11.32 for six points and its 4x800m relay team earned three points in a season-best 7:42.64 for sixth.
- Michael DiMambro, Nicholas Guscott, and Woodley all earned points and personal best times in the 60m dash. DiMambro finished third in 6.88, grabbing six points, Guscott ran in 6.93 for fifth place, and Woodley ran in 6.97 to take seventh place.
- In the 60m hurdles, Shaikat Bardhan contributed three points after running 8.24 to place sixth.
- Joseph Sliwoski garnered two points for Rhody in his personal best heptathlon score of 4,611. He won the 60m hurdles (8.29), placed fifth in the high jump (1.87m), eighth in both the 60m dash (7.47) and pole vault (3.75m).
- Sam Snyder placed seventh in the shot put with a throw of 15.95m to add two points for the Rams.
Rhode Island will travel to Boston, Mass. once more for the IC4A Championships March 3 and 4.