Oct 04, 2019
RHODE ISLAND vs. FORDHAM
Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m.
URI Soccer Complex
Coverage: Live Stats
- Rhode Island returns to the URI Soccer Complex after having played each of its last four games on the road. The Rams were 2-1-1 during that road swing with wins at George Washington (1-0) and Holy Cross (3-1), a draw at Central Connecticut (1-1) and a loss at Saint Louis (1-0).
- The 1-0 loss at Saint Louis marked the first time this season that URI was held scoreless.
- Through nine games, the Rams have outscored their opponents 12-11.
- Junior Filippo Tamburini leads the team with nine points (4g/1a). He has scored in four of URI's last five games.
- Senior Stavros Zarokostas and redshirt sophomore Edvin Akselsen are behind him with seven points each. Zarokostas' points have come on two goals and three assists while Akselsen has recorded a team-best five assists to go along with one goal.
- In total, 10 different players have registered either a goal or an assist this season.
- Goalkeeper Stefan Schmidt has played all 875:10 so far for Rhode Island, making 39 saves and allowing 11 goals.
The Fordham Series
- Rhode Island leads: 15-9-2
- Last meeting: Rhode Island defeated Fordham, 2-0, in an A-10 quarterfinal matchup in Kingston (Nov. 4, 2018)
- Current Streak: URI, one win
- Fordham's last win: Sept. 29, 2018 (4-2) in Bronx, N.Y.
- Of Note: Prior to Rhody knocking off Fordham in last year's postseason, Fordham had won five straight games over URI.
- Fordham comes to Kingston with a 3-6-1 overall record, but a perfect 2-0 mark in Atlantic 10 play.
- The Rams are 0-4-1 when playing on the road so far this year.
- Six of Fordham's 10 games this season have gone to overtime. The Rams are 2-3-1 in extra time.
- Both of Fordham's conference wins have been overtime contests as the Rams defeated both La Salle (2-1) and St. Bonaventure (1-0) at home in double overtime.
- Fordham has been shutout four times and has held opponents scoreless twice.
- Joergen Oland leads the team with eight points on four goals.
- Bart Dziedzic has recorded a team-best four assists, while also scoring one goal of his own.
- A total of 11 different players have recorded either a goal or an assist so far this season.
- Goalkeeper Konstantin Weis has played every minute of every game between the posts. He has a 1.20 goals against average and a .683 save percentage.