Starters: Leifhelm (GK), Brangman, Davids, Kristiansen, Middrup, Benco, Zarokostas, Cain, Jesman Sunde, Dickson, Bailey
Substitutes: Williams, Gesmundo, Calantuono, Daley, Roberts, Gaudreau
Starters: Larente (GK), Rushton, Brouillette, Conry, DeSantis, Toto, Murray, Blanchette, Booth, Wrona, Brown
Substitutes: Eby, Ebner, Rey, Robinson, Norat, Gill, Becerra, Amaya, Valckenaere, Lyne, Barreria, Cypriano
27:04 - URI - Brangman (Zarokostas)
48:14 - URI - Brangman (Davids, Kristiansen)
51:28 - URI - Davids (Bailey, Brangman)
77:18 - URI - Middrup (Kristiansen)
How It Happened
Rhode Island took a 1-0 lead in the 28th minute, after a Bryant foul in the box resulted in URI's first penalty kick of the season. Stavros Zarokostas took the PK for Rhody and had his attempt stopped by Bryant's Olivier Larente, but the rebound trickled out to Chae Brangman, who deposited the loose ball into the back of the net for the 1-0 advantage.
Brangman struck again after the break, putting the Rams up 2-0 just 3:14 after play commenced. Carlo Davids and Peder Kristiansen picked up assists on the goal as Davids got the ball to Kristiansen, who whipped a service to the front of the net where Brangman one-timed a shot into the back corner for his second goal of the night.
The Rams pushed it to 3-0 three minutes later on a similar play from the other side of the field. Ludvik Benco began the sequence with a pass to Ryan Bailey, who crossed to the front of the goal where Brangman deflected the ball to Davids for the finish.
The Rams closed out the scoring in the 78th minute when Niklas Middrup tallied his first goal of the season - a header off a corner kick by Kristiansen - to push the score to 4-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior Chae Brangman tallied five points with two goals and an assist on the night. The newcomer has tallied seven points through the first four matches of of the season for the Rams.
- Sophomore Peder Kristiansen recorded two assists on the night. He leads the Rams with three assists so far this season.
- Senior Carlo Davids also had a multi-point night for Rhode Island, finishing with one goal and one assist for his first points of the season.
- Sophomore Stavros Zarokostas assisted on URI's first goal of the night. He has now registered either a goal or an assist in three of Rhody's four games so far this season.
- Rhody's four goals were the team's most since also scoring four on Nov. 12, 2015, when defeated Saint Louis 4-2 in the Atlantic 10 quarterfinals.
- Rhode Island pushes its all-time record versus Bryant to 5-1-2. The two teams have face one another each season since 2010.
- URI outshot Bryant 15-8 overall, including a 10-3 advantage in shots on-goal.
- Through four games this season, Rhode Island has put close to 60% of its shots on-goal (25-44).
- The game was the second clean sheet of the season - and 17th career shutout - for Rhody goalkeeper Nils Leifhelm. That total ranks fourth all-time in the URI record book.
- Each team was whistled offsides on four occasions.
- Rhody was called for 10 fouls, compared to Bryant's eight. The Bulldogs, however, collected both yellow cards that were issued in the match.
- The win improves Rhody to 2-2 on the season while Bryant drops to 0-5.
The Rams return to action on Sunday evening when they host Marist at 4 p.m. The game will be the second end of a doubleheader with the Rhody women's team, which hosts Marquette at 1 p.m.