Leifhelm (GK), Camillo, Matthews, Tchemmoun, Oakley, Ronnie, Davids, Cain, Jesman Sunde, Casey, Daley
Knaub (GK), Conry, Guerriero, Orth, Ferreira, LaRocque, Booth, Spanos, Jennings, Lamar, Binder
How It Happened
Rhode Island took an early lead as Emil Jesman Sunde scored his first collegiate goal in the ninth minute to put the Rams up 1-0. Wesley Matthews started the play, lofting a ball into the box from the midfield line. Mike Casey received it and centered a pass to Jesman Sunde, who was covered by defenders and played the ball out to Jason Ronnie. Ronnie then found Adam Camillo, who fired off a shot that was blocked, but Jesman Sunde was there to bury the rebound and give the Rams an early advantage.
Rhody struck again 12 minutes later when Casey netted his first of the season off a feed from Carlo Davids. With both players moving up the field, Davids slipped a pass through the Bulldogs' defense and found Casey for the Rams' second goal of the game.
Bryant cut the lead in half just before the break however, as Sam Trueman snuck a rebound shot past Nils Leifhelm in the 40th minute.
The Rams sealed the 3-1 victory midway through the second half on a Carlo Davids corner kick. Davids' service to the far post found Yacine Tchemmoun, whose redirection allowed Dante Lamb to beat Bryant's keeper from inside the six-yard box.
8:51 – URI – Jesman Sunde (Camillo, Ronnie) -- WATCH
20:29 - URI - Casey (Davids) -- WATCH
39:32 - BRY - Trueman (Orth)
69:01 - URI - Lamb (Tchemmoun, Davids) -- WATCH
Inside the Box Score
- The win keeps Rhody undefeated at home (2-0) and unbeaten in the series with Bryant (4-0-2).
- Statistically, the game was close as Bryant outshot Rhody 13-12 but both sides put six attempts on frame.
- The Rams held a slight advantage in corner kicks (6-4) and fouls were almost even as Bryant recorded 11 to Rhody's 10.
- The Bulldogs were on the receiving end of all three yellows that were issued in the match.
- Three freshman - Emil Jesman Sunde, Jason Ronnie and Yacine Tchemmoun - all made their first career starts in the win. Each recorded their first career points as well, as Jesman Sunde scored a goal and Ronnie and Tchemmoun had assists.
- For Ronnie and Tchemmoun, the game also marked their first-ever appearance for the Rams while Jesman Sunde had come on as a reserve in each of URI's first two games.
- Senior Adam Camillo picked up an assist on Jesman Sunde's goal. The Rhody defender now has a goal and two assists in three games this season.
- Sophomore Carlo Davids finished with a pair of assists, marking the first multi-assist game of his career.
- Senior Mike Casey scored his first goal of the season and 12th of his career. He now has 31 career points on 12 goals and seven assists.
- Redshirt sophomore Dante Lamb also scored his first of the year for the Rams. He now has 14 career points on six goals and a pair of assists.
- Sophomore Nils Leifhelm finished with five saves on the night, three of which came in the second half. He improves to 2-1 on the season.
- Senior Ryan Oakley nearly added to the scoring as he blasted a free-kick off the post in the first half.
The Rams return to action on Monday night when they host No. 5 Providence at 7 p.m.