Spenser, Cloutier, Camillo, Matthews, Naples, Oakley, Haught, Moran, Soons, Ferguson, Sykes
Tuchinsky, Ueshiro, Myers, Hannemann, Beverst, Mercer, Marcel, Diveny, Osipitan, McGeever, Listwan
How It Happened
NJIT scored the lone goal of the game in the 33rd minute when Marko Drljic drilled a free kick through traffic in the box, beating URI's Thomas Spenser at the lower left post. Rhode Island outshot NJIT, 10-7, in the second half but was unable to put one past the Highlanders' David Tuchinsky.
32:37 – NJIT – Marko Drljic (unassisted)
Inside the Box Score
- The loss drops Rhode Island to 1-6-0 on the season while NJIT evens improves to 4-5-1.
- Rhode Island held a 19-13 edge in total shots but only managed to put five on goal. The Highlanders also put five on.
- NJIT out-cornered URI, 5-3. All three Rhody corners came in the second half.
- The Highlanders were whistled offsides twice and Rhody was once.
- Matt Sykes led all players with eight shots on the night. Adam Camillo put two attempts on goal, but both were stopped. Marko Drljic also had two shots on goal - one of which resulted in the game-winning goal.
- Redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Thomas Spenser finished with four saves for the Rams. At the other end of the field, David Tuchinsky turned away all five shots he faced, picking up his second shutout of the season.
The Rams return to action on Saturday, Oct. 5 when they travel to Sacred Heart for a 7 p.m. match against the Pioneers.