Spenser, Cloutier, Camillo, Matthews, Caselatto, Naples, Oakley, Moran, Soons, Sohn, Sykes
Boston College Starters
Segal, Ager, Corliss, Ampadu, Wendelken, Medina-Mendez, Frano, Normesinu, Lewis, Shumowitz, DeNormandie
7:46 - BC - Zeiko Lewis (Diego Medina-Mendez)
24:42 - BC - Giuliano Frano (penalty kick)
87:18 - BC - Derrick Boateng (Diego Medina-Mendez)
How It Happened
Boston College struck early, taking advantage of a Rhody turnover inside the box and taking a 1-0 lead on a Zeiko Lewis' first goal of the season at the 7:46 mark. The Eagles then made it 2-0 when Giuliano Frano deposited a penalty kick in the 25th minute.
BC got its final goal in the 88th minute when Derrick Boateng tucked away a quick feed from Diego Medina-Mendez, who picked up his second assist of the game.
Rhody's best chance came just over a minute later when a shot by Matt Sykes deflected off the crossbar.
Inside the Box Score
- The loss drops Rhode Island to 1-5-0 while Boston College improves to 3-2-2.
- BC held a 19-10 advantage in total shots as well as an 11-1 edge in shots on goal.
- Matt Sykes recorded a game-high seven shots and had the Rams' lone shot on goal.
- The Eagles finished with six corners to Rhody's five.
- Thomas Spenser made six saves for the Rams while Rhody's defense cleared two balls off the goal line - both in the first half.
- BC's Keady Segal played all 90 minutes for the Eagles, en route to his third win of the season.
Rhode Island returns to the URI Soccer Complex to host NJIT at 7 p.m. on Friday night.