Oct. 10, 2011
The Connecticut Cup - Through 36 holes
Setting the Scene:
Course: Oct. 10 (36 holes), Oct. 11 (18 holes) - Ellington Ridge C.C. (par 72/6,936 yards)
The field: 16 teams, 85 total golfers
Rhode Island's Individual Results:
* Branden Chicorka - the two-time A-10 Player of the Week - continued his outstanding play. He sits in second place after 36 holes of play, just two strokes off the individual lead. Chicorka carded an even-par 72 during the morning session. He followed that up with a 3-under 69 during the second round on Monday afternoon. It marks the third straight tournament in which he had carded a 69 - his collegiate best for a single round of play.
* Taylor Fontaine put forth his two best rounds of the fall, registering a score of 73 (+1) during both the morning and afternoon sessions. He sits in a tie for 10th place overall with an aggregate score of 146.
* Jared Adams sits one shot back of Fontaine, in a tie for 12th place. The sophomore shot an opening round 73, followed by a 74 during the 18 holes in the afternoon - good for a total score of 147.
* Andrew Fiorenzano is tied for 42nd place. The sophomore opened with a 78, before improving by three strokes during the afternoon's second round. He has a total score of 153 (78-75).
Rhode Island Team Results:
* The Rams sit in second place, just four strokes off the lead after two rounds. Rhode Island posted a score of 293 during the first round and 291 in the second round for a total score of 584. Sacred Heart leads with a 580 (291-289). Hartford's Wally Gonzalez sits atop the individual leaderboard with a 139 (70-69).
Rhode Island finishes up play in the Connecticut Cup tomorrow with the final 18 holes of competition.