Posted: Oct 14, 2019
- Members Club at Four Streams - Beallsville, Md.
- Par 71 course (6,908 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, Oct. 14
- Third Round: Tuesday, Oct. 15
- The Field: 12 teams, 72 golfers
- After two rounds at the Georgetown Intercollegiate, Rhode Island sits in 10th place.
- The Rams combined to shoot 29-over on Monday, completing the first round in 297 strokes and the second round in 300 strokes.
- Washington leads the field at 5-under. Loyola-Md. (+5), Florida Atlantic (+11) and Princeton (+11) round out the top-4 while Butler (+12) and William & Mary (+12) are tied for fifth.
- Saint Joseph's - the only other Atlantic 10 team competing in the tournament - will enter the final round in seventh place at +16.
- Junior Chris Francoeur leads Rhode Island with a two-round score of 1-over (73-70=143). He is tied for seventh overall.
- Junior Jordan Brajcich carded the Rams' best score in the opening round with a 2-over 72. He fired a 76 the second time through and is currently tied for 29th place at 148.
- Freshman Bryson Richards is tied for 52nd overall at +10 (75-77).
- Sophomores Austin Fox and Brandon Gillis are tied for 56th place, having each carded a pair of 77s to finish the day 12-over (154).
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- Certainly we are much better than we played today.
- Chris was a joy to watch and continues to show he is on track to be one of our best.
- We got a nice first round from Jordan but after that, the other seven scores were not good. Tomorrow is pride day. It is simple as that.
Rhode Island closes out competition on Tuesday afternoon. The Rams will tee off at 9 a.m.