Posted: Sep 30, 2019
- White Manor Country Club – Malvern, Pa.
- Par 71 Course (6,717 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, September 30
- Third Round: Tuesday, October 1
- The Field: 7 teams, 45 golfers
- Rhode Island leads the field of seven through two rounds of competition with a team score of 9-under (279-280=559).
- The Rams are three strokes ahead of second-place Appalachian State (-6) and 13 strokes ahead of Boston College (+4) and Georgetown (+4), both of which are tied for third overall.
- Rounding out the seven-team field is Villanova (+9), Delaware (+24) and St. John's (+44).
- Redshirt sophomore Brandon Gillis will enter Tuesday's final round in second place, with a 6-under score of 136 (67-69). He is three strokes behind overall leader Christian Cavaliere of Boston College.
- Junior Chris Francoeur is in sixth place through the first two rounds, having gone 69-70 (138) to sit at 3-under.
- Freshman Bryson Richards is the third Ram in the top-10, sitting in eighth place with a 1-under 141 (69-72).
- Sophomore Austin Fox is just outside of the top-10 at 1-over (74-69=143), which has him in a three-way tie for 12th place.
- Junior Jordan Brajcich carded a pair of 76s to finish the day 10-over (152).
- Playing as an individual, redshirt senior Jason Short is tied for 39th overall at 154 (78-76).
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- We played a lot of good golf today. Brandon and Chris were both really solid. Bryson hit it well and has the opportunity to really go low tomorrow.
- The star of the day was Austin Fox, who has taken over the four spot for sure. He started the second round with back-to-back birdies but gave them back on two really easy holes. But he dug in and went on to make three birdies before a bad bogey on his final hole hurt him.
- Getting a good fourth score each tournament has been an issue for us for years. Hopefully Austin can provide that going forward.
- We had three guys in red figures each of the 18s.
- Appalachian State, BC, and Georgetown have been stronger than us the past few years so being ahead of them is a sign we are getting stronger. We need to finish this off.
The Rams return to White Manor Country Club for the final round of the Wildcat Fall Invitational on Tuesday morning.