Apr 15, 2019
- Quidnessett Country Club - North Kingstown, R.I.
- Par 72 (6,935 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, April 15
- Third Round: Tuesday, April 16
- The Field: 6 teams, 43 golfers
- Weather: 40s, showers, windy
- After the first two rounds of competition, the Rams are in first place at +25 (303-298=601).
- Rhody was tied for third after Round #1, but combined for the low team round of the day (298) in the afternoon to jump into first place.
- Second-place Holy Cross is one stroke behind URI at +26 (300-302).
- Rounding out the six-team field is Bryant-A (+30), Bryant-B (+32), Fordham (+32), Lafayette (+39) and Wagner (+48).
- Senior Dawson Jones is four strokes off the lead, in second place with an even 144 (74-70=144). His second-round 70 was the low score for the afternoon round.
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur is tied for fifth through two rounds at +4 (75-73=148).
- Redshirt senior Brody King carded a 77 the first time through and knocked four strokes off his afternoon score to finish the day tied for eighth overall at +6 (77-73=150).
- Redshirt junior Jason Short dropped from 14th place to 27th, going 77-82 to finish the day 15 strokes over par (159).
- Freshman Austin Fox is in 41st place after two rounds, with a +22 (84-82=166).
- Competing as individuals, junior Burke Barsamian (77-84=151) and freshman Sean Taylor (80-82=162) tied for 29th and 35th, respectively.
- Jones, Francoeur and King combined for three of the eight eagles through the first two rounds.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- Today was a microcosm of our season: solid play from the top three again, then we struggle for a fourth score.
- Dawson picked up four shots in the second 18, Brody picked up 4, and Chris picked up 2.
- Tomorrow is our last round before A10's. We need to step up to get some momentum.
The third and final round of the Rhode Island Invitational tees off Tuesday morning at 8 a.m.