Apr 09, 2019
- White Manor Country Club – Malvern, Pa.
- Par 71 Course (6,733 yards)
- First Round: Monday, April 8
- Second Round: Tuesday, April 9
- The Field: 20 teams, 104 golfers
- Rhode Island finished seventh among the field of 20.
- The Rams combined for a team score of 574 (289-285) to finish the tournament 6-over par.
- Drexel claimed the team title, finishing 17-under overall (272-279=551).
- Rhode Island was the top Atlantic 10 finisher, out-placing La Salle (14th; +17), St. Bonaventure (18th; +27) and Fordham (19th; +28).
- Senior Dawson Jones was Rhody's top finisher, going 2-under in each round to tie for third place overall (69-69=138).
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur jumped from 87th place into a tie for 29th, following his first-round 77 (+6) with a second-round 67 (-4). He birdied six holes on Tuesday.
- Redshirt senior Brody King tied with Francoeur for 29th place, carding a +1 72 in both rounds (72-72=144).
- Redshirt junior Jason Short finished in a tie for 76th place, shooting a 6-over 77 on Tuesday. Overall, his score was 151 (74-77).
- Freshman Austin Fox was 9-over (80) on Tuesday after registering his best round of the spring on Monday (+3; 74). He tied for 90th place overall.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- Certainly this was not a good tournament for us, especially having come into it playing in the south for 15 days in March.
- The first three guys finished even par for the tournament, but even that should have been a lower number given the length of the golf course.
- I was very happy to see Dawson finish third. In our last two tournaments, only three people have finished ahead of him.
- In our last three tournaments, our fourth and fifth guys' better score has averaged 5.5 over par per round. We are better than that and we need better scores than that.
The Rams are back in action next week when they host the Rhode Island Invitational, Monday-Tuesday, at Quidnessett Country Club.