Mar 30, 2019
- Osprey Point Golf Club - Boca Raton, Fla.
- Par 72 course (6,786 yards)
- First Round: Friday, March 29
- Second Round: Saturday, March 30
- Third Round: Sunday, March 31
- The Field: 14 teams, 78 golfers
- After two complete rounds, Rhode Island is tied - with Hartford - for 11th place among the field of 14.
- The Rams are 13 strokes over par, combining for a team score of 589 (299-290).
- UCF (-15) and FAU (-11) enter Sunday's final round in first and second, respectively.
- Five other teams - Bethune-Cookman (-5), Southern Illinois (-2), Connecticut (-2), Houston Baptist (-1) and Florida Guld Coast (-1) all are below par through two rounds.
- The only other Atlantic 10 team in the field - George Mason - is in ninth place, at +2.
- Senior Dawson Jones leads the Rams after two rounds. With an even 144 (73-71) he is tied for 21st overall.
- Redshirt senior Brody King is tied for 32nd with a 2-over 74. After finishing +2 on Friday, he was even on Saturday.
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur is one stroke behind King, tied for 41st place at +3. After carding an opening-round 76 on Friday, he fired a 1-under 71 on Saturday.
- With a pair of 76s, redshirt junior Jason Short is tied for 65th overall.
- Freshman Austin Fox will enter Sunday's final round tied for 74th place at +13 (79-78).
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- If the first round was disappointing, today was very disappointing. The one thing that has been our trademark - toughness - is not part of who we are right now. Make no mistake - that is on me, and we will go back to some of the workouts that made us tough.
- We have separated into a three-man team at the top, a gap to #4, and another gap to #5.
- We were looking to go 10-12 red today and were well on our way until the wheels fell off. We were 11-over on the back nine, which other teams ate alive.
- Dawson rolled it great but couldn't get it to drop.
- Chris hit it well again but had a few balky putting strokes that hurt him.
- Brody was on track to have the best round of the day when he got to 4 red after 10, but finished 4 over in the final 6 holes.
- Anything over par was not a good score today.
Rhode Island returns to Osprey Point Golf Club for the tournament's final round on Sunday morning.