Oct 15, 2018
- Members Club at Four Streams - Beallsville, Md.
- Par 71 course (6,908 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, Oct. 15
- Third Round: Tuesday, Oct. 16
- The Field: 12 teams, 70 golfers
- Rhode Island is in 10th place through two rounds at the Georgetown Intercollegiate.
- The Rams are 28 strokes over par after firing an opening-round 301 and combining for a 295 in the afternoon round.
- Princeton will enter Tuesday's final round in first place (-9), followed by Georgetown (-4) and Butler (+3).
- The two other Atlantic 10 teams competing - Saint Joseph's (+12) and St. Bonaventure (+19) - are in fifth place and eighth place, respectively.
- Senior Dawson Jones turned in Rhody's best performance of the day, going 72-75=147 for a 5-over finish through two rounds.
- Redshirt senior Brody King also combined for a two-round score of 147, carding a 76 the first time through and an even 71 in the second round.
- Jones and King will enter the third and final round of play in an eight-way tie for 31st place.
- Redshirt junior Jason Short is tied for 39th place, one stroke behind Jones and King at 148 (76-72).
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur is tied for 55th place after carding back-to-back 77s. His two-round score of 154 puts him at +12.
- Junior Burke Barsamian combined to shoot 25-over on Monday, opening with an 82 and finishing the day with an 85 (167). He will enter Tuesday's round in 69th place.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- This is not at all what we expected nor are we satisfied with our performance today.
- I was proud of the way Jason and Brody scratched and clawed through the second round.
- Dawson truly hit the ball very, very well tee to green, but had a rough go putting.
- This tournament is the last one before next March and the last chance to define ourselves individually and as a team.
Rhode Island returns to the Members Club at Four Streams to close out play at the Georgetown Intercollegiate Tuesday morning.