As of 8:50 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 23, the final round of the Patriot Intercollegiate has been cancelled due to sustained rain in the Lorton, Va. area. No golfers teed off before the event was called, leaving Saturday's results as final.
- Laurel Hill Golf Club - Lorton, Va.
- Par 71 course (6,873 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Saturday, Sept. 22
- Third Round: Sunday, Sept. 23 -- CANCELLED
- The Field: 13 teams, 78 golfers
- Rhode Island placed ninth with team score of 588 (+20).
- After opening with a 302, the Rams matched the low round of the day in the afternoon, combining to finish in 286 strokes.
- Host George Mason (+4) finished on top, followed by Towson (+8) and George Washington (+9).
- The two other Atlantic 10 teams competing - Saint Joseph's (+19) and La Salle (+34) - claimed eighth place and 11th place, respectively.
- Senior Dawson Jones led Rhode Island at 1-under (70-71=141) to finish fourth overall.
- Redshirt senior Brody King tied for 32nd, finishing 5-over par. He was even his second time through, but carded a 76 in the opening round.
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur also opened with a 76. He knocked three strokes off his second round score to finish in an eight-way tie for 39th place (149).
- Playing in his first tournament of the season, junior Burke Barsamian wrapped up play at 9-over (80-71=151) to tie for 54th place.
- Freshman Austin Fox finished in 74th place, combining to go +19 (81-80=161).
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- Dawson had another good day, but he can't do it all alone. We didn't come down here to be most improved, or to move up a lot of spots after the first round. We came here to win the golf tournament, and only Dawson played well enough to help us do that.
Rhode Island returns to action at the Georgetown Intercollegiate (Oct. 15-16).