Posted: Sep 17, 2018
- Bull's Bridge Golf Club - South Kent, Conn.
- Par 72 course (6,992 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, Sept. 17
- Third Round: Tuesday, Sept. 18
- The Field: 20 teams, 112 golfers
- After one complete round, Rhode Island sits in third place among the field of 20.
- The Rams finished the tournament's first round seven strokes under par, combining for a team score of 281.
- UCF is the overall leader after 18 holes, at -14, followed by Connecticut, at -13.
- Seton Hall (-6) and Cal Poly (-3) round out the top five.
- Rhody's Atlantic 10 rivals La Salle (+8) and Fordham (+12) are in ninth and 13th place, respectively.
- Redshirt senior Brody King is tied for first place through 18 holes, finishing the first round with a 6-under 66. He was -3 on front nine and -3 on the back nine.
- Senior Dawson Jones carded an eagle on the par-5 first hole, and finished Round #1 with a 3-under 69. He is tied for 12th place.
- Sophomore Chris Francoeur also finished the first round under par, recording a 1-under 71. He had three birdies on the afternoon.
- Freshman Austin Fox enters the second round tied for 49th place at +3 (75). He was -1 on the front nine, but was four strokes over on the back nine.
- Redshirt junior Jason Short was even through his first seven holes, but went +8 over the next 11 to finish the first round in a three-way tie for 94th place with a score of 80.
Rhode Island closes out play at the Hartford Hawks Invitational on Tuesday afternoon.