Posted: Apr 09, 2018
- White Manor Country Club - Malvern, Pa.
- Par 71 course (6,733 yards)
- First Round: Monday, April 9
- Second Round: Tuesday, April 10
- The Field: 19 teams, 103 golfers
- After the first round at Vilanova's Wildcat Invitational, Rhode Island sits in seventh place among the field of 19.
- The Rams opened with a 297, 13 strokes over par.
- Drexel sits atop the team leaderboard with a first-round score of 282 (-2).
- St. John's and St. Peters are tied for second place at 290 while Rhody's A-10 rival Fordham is in fourth a 292.
- Also ahead of the Rams are Delaware and Wagner, who are tied for fifth at 295.
- Freshman Chris Francoeur and redshirt junior Brody King were Rhode Island's top finishers in Round One as both shot a 2-over 73 to tie for 18th place.
- Junior Dawson Jones is one stroke behind Francoeur and King, tied for 27th with a first-round 74.
- Freshman Bobby Weise is tied for 67th overall, having opened the tournament with a 77.
- Redshirt sophomore Jason Short will enter Tuesday's second round tied for 81st, after carding a 78 in Monday's first round.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- Today was a disappointing day. It was a golf course we knew we could play well and, with weather in the high 30's and low 40's, we felt we could out-tough people. We didn't do that.
- We got a nice round from Chris Francoeur and a terrific round from Brody King. Everyone has to play better tomorrow to get us some momentum heading into the Rhode Island Invitational next week.
The Rams return to White Manor Country Club to close out play at the Wildcat Invitational Tuesday morning.