Posted: Oct 16, 2017
- Members Club at Four Streams - Beallsville, Md.
- Par 71 course (6,908 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, Oct. 16
- Third Round: Tuesday, Oct. 17
- The Field: 11 teams, 60 golfers
- Weather: 60s, windy
- After two rounds at the 33rd Annual Georgetown Intercollegiate, Rhode Island sits in seventh place among the field of 11.
- The Rams opened with a 304, but added two strokes to their second-round score to drop from fifth place to seventh.
- Seton Hall sits atop the team leaderboard with a two-round score of 599.
- Rutgers, Saint Joseph's, William & Mary and Navy sit in a four-way tie for second place at 603.
- Georgetown will enter Tuesday's final round three strokes ahead of Rhode Island, in sixth place with a 607.
- Freshman Chris Francoeur is Rhode Island's leader through two rounds with a combined 150, which has him in a tie for 12th place. He opened with a 1-over 72 and carded a second-round 78.
- Junior Dawson Jones is one stroke behind Francoeur, tied for 14th with a 151. After shooting a 79 in the morning, he responded with a 72 his second time through.
- Freshman Bobby Weise is tied for 22nd overall after two rounds, following his first-round 74 with a second-round 79.
- Redshirt sophomore Jason Short knocked three strokes off his opening-round 80 in the afternoon round, carding a 77 to finish the day tied for 40th overall at 157.
- Sophomore Burke Barsamian is tied for 54th place with a two-round score of 161 (79-82).
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- We got a lot out of the freshmen in the first round and a great round out of Dawson in the afternoon. Other than that, we really did not play well.
- The scores were high for everyone because we had to battle that huge front that came through. but it affected everyone.
- Tomorrow cones down to pride.
The Rams return to the Members Club at Four Streams to close out play at the Georgetown Intercollegiate Tuesday morning.