Manhattan (3-1) at Rhode Island (4-2)
Tip-Off: Wednesday, Nov. 27, 4:04 p.m. EST
Live Coverage: Stats | Audio | TV: Cox/YurView
Stream: ESPN+ | Game Notes
RHODE ISLAND VS. MANHATTAN - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday's game will be the 22nd meeting between Rhode Island and Manhattan.
- The overall series has been even, with Rhody holding a slight 11-10 advantage. However, URI has won six of the last seven contests.
- The teams have not played since a 78-69 victory for the Rams on Dec. 6, 2005.
- The visiting Jaspers have just one player scoring in double figures. Tykei Greene is scoring 13.8 per contest, and seven others are providing at least 6.0 points per game.
- Neither team has been strong at the 3-point line this season. Rhode Island is making 29.8 percent of its attempts, while Manhattan is connecting just 30.3 of the time.
- Wednesday's game is the third of five straight road games for Manhattan. Overall, the Jaspers are playing a stretch of nine road games in 10 contests.
RUSSELL HITTING FROM ALL AREAS OF THE FLOOR
- Junior guard Fatts Russell has shown significant shooting improvement in all phases of the game so far this season.
- Through six games, Russell is shooting .425 from the floor, .343 from 3-point range and .861 at the free throw line.
- Those figures represent at least an improvement of at least 87 percentage points in each area. Russell shot .338 from the floor, .223 from 3-point range and .737 at the free throw line as a sophomore.
- The most encouraging shooting improvement has come from the 3-point arc. Russell is 12-of-35 from deep through six games thus far. A year ago, it took him 64 attempts through the first nine games before he hit his 12th 3-pointer.
LANGEVINE CRACKS URI TOP 10 IN REBOUNDS
- With six rebounds last time out against LSU, senior Cyril Langevine now has 730 for his career.
- He passed Andre Samuel for 10th place on Rhode Island's all-time list. Samuel had 728 rebounds from 1990-94.
- Next closest on the list are Jeff Kent (732 from 1988-92) and John Fultz (744 from 1967-70).
- Langevine needs 149 points and 270 more rebounds to join Art Stephenson (1965-68) and Antonio Reynolds-Dean (1995-99) as the only Rams in the 1,000-1,000 club.