Rhode Island Starters
Harris, Russell, Martin, Langevine, Dowtin
St. Bonaventure Starters
Lofton, Welch, Stockard, Griffin, Osunniyi
How it Happened
Eighth-seeded Rhode Island fell 68-51 to fourth-seeded St. Bonaventure Saturday afternoon in the Atlantic 10 semifinals.
Rhody built a 15-point advantage in the first half, but the Bonnies used a 13-0 run to close out the period and go into the locker room trailing by just two, 29-27.
The Rams offense went cold in the second, as URI went over nine minutes (9:20) without a field goal. During that span, Rhody scored just three points at the charity stripe. The Bonnies took advantage and cruised to the 68-51 victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior Cyril Langevine had a team-high 15 points and added nine rebounds.
- Junior Jeff Dowtin had 12 points. With his fourth point of the game, he became the 55th player in program history to join the 1,000-point club.
- Dowtin also logged 35 minutes, making him just the second player all time at URI to play 1200 minutes in one season. Carlton "Silk" Owens is the only other Ram to have played more.
- Sophomore Fatts Russell scored six points and dished out three assists.
- Freshman Tyrese Martin grabbed 10 rebounds and scored eight points.
- Senior Ryan Preston had an effective eight minutes off the bench, scoring five points and grabbing one rebound.
- After shooting just 9-of-31 from the field (29.0%) in the first half, the Bonnies were 12-for-22 (54.5%) in the second half.