Posted: Nov 15, 2018
- Friday will be the 11th meeting between the programs, with Rhode Island holding a 6-4 edge all time.
- This will be the first time the teams have played each other in 26 years, dating back to an 80-67 victory for Rhode Island on Dec. 30, 1992.
- The Rams have won the last four games in the series.
- The last time Harvard beat Rhode Island was a 44-43 contest on Feb. 26, 1931. The coach of the Rams at the time was the legendary Frank Keaney.
- Harvard enters the game looking for its second straight win over an Atlantic 10 team. The Crimson defeated Massachusetts in a road game Tuesday, 74-71.
LANGEVINE COMES THROUGH WITH CAREER NIGHT
- Junior Cyril Langevine had a strong performance for Rhode Island Tuesday night at College of Charleston, scoring a career-high 18 points while also grabbing 10 rebounds.
- It was the seventh career double-double for Langevine, and the first of this season.
- In the game, Langevine set career bests for points, field goals (8), field goal attempts (13) and minutes played (38).
- Langevine also grabbed the 350th rebound of his career Tuesday and ended the night with 353.
MARTIN STEADY OFF THE BENCH
- Freshman Tyrese Martin has been very consistent through his first two games with Rhode Island.
- In each of the first two games, Martin has scored seven points, grabbed five rebounds, had one assist and one steal.
- He made three field goals against both Bryant and College of Charleston.
- On the season, Martin is 6-of-15 from the floor, shooting 40.0 percent.