Posted: Feb 15, 2018
- Friday will be the 68th game all time between Rhode Island and St. Bonaventure, with Rhody holding a 39-28 edge.
- Rhody has won three straight and five of the last six meetings, including an 87-73 victory on Jan. 13.
- Redshirt senior E.C. Matthews had a game-high 20 points with nine rebounds in the first meeting. Sophomore Jeff Dowtin added a season-high 18 points and added nine assists with no turnovers in 34 minutes.
- St. Bonaventure's Jaylen Adams is the second leading scorer in the Atlantic 10, averaging 20.5 points per game. Only La Salle's B.J. Johnson (20.6) averages more per game.
- Adams also leads the conference in 3-point shooting, making 50.8 percent from beyond the arc.
- This game pits the two hottest teams in the conference against each other. St. Bonaventure comes in on a six-game winning streak, while Rhode Island has won 16 in a row.
ESPN2 TO CARRY FRIDAY'S GAME
- Friday night will mark Rhode Island's sixth game on the ESPN family of networks this season.
- It will be the third consecutive Friday night game on ESPN2.
- It also is the third straight Friday night game in which the Rams will play the second-place team in the conference.
- Mike Corey will handle the play-by-play and Chris Spatola will be the color analyst.
TWOTEN OYSTER BAR TO HOST TO CARRY FRIDAY'S GAME
- TwoTen Oyster Bar & Grill will host a viewing party for the game Friday night, presented by Miller Lite!
- Join your fellow Rhody fans in cheering on the Rams as they take on St. Bonaventure.
- The game starts at 7 p.m., but fans are encouraged to get there early to ensure a seat. A full house is anticipated.
BENCH SHOWING SCORING PUNCH
- Rhode Island's bench has scored 41 points in each of the last two games, the second and third times this season the reserves have scored 40 or more in a game.
- The bench scored 43 against Brown early in the year.
- Overall, the Ram bench has scored 20 or more points 11 times this season.
- Rhode Island has had a bench player score in double digits 16 times this season. Fatts Russell has done so seven times, Cyril Langevine five times, Jarvis Garrett three times and Stanford Robinson once.
SCORING BALANCE HAS BEEN ON DISPLAY ALL SEASON
- Rhode Island had five players score in double figures in four different games this season.
- Each of these four times, it has been a different group of five players scoring 10+ points.
- vs. Providence: Fatts Russell (20), Jarvis Garrett (15), Andre Berry (12), Jared Terrell (11), Jeff Dowtin (10)
- vs. Florida Gulf Coast: E.C. Matthews (20), Jared Terrell (18), Stanford Robinson (14), Jeff Dowtin (11), Andre Berry (10)
- vs. St. Bonaventure: E.C. Matthews (20), Jeff Dowtin (18), Jared Terrell (13), Andre Berry (12), Jarvis Garrett (10)
- vs. Richmond: Jared Terrell (17), Cyril Langevine (15), Fatts Russell (14), Jeff Dowtin (11), Andre Berry (10)
RAMS WINNING IN CONVINCING FASHION
- Rhode Island's average scoring margin is +10.9, which ranks 28th in the country.
- Of Rhode Island's 21 victories, 14 have come by double-digit margins.
- Nine of the 13 wins against Atlantic 10 competition have been by double digits.
- The Rams rank second in the league in scoring defense, allowing 66.4 points per contest.
- Rhody ranks third in the A-10 in scoring offense at 77.3 points per game
- The Rams have scored at least 80 points 14 times this season, and are 13-1 in those contests.
- Rhode Island also understands how to play with the lead. The Rams are 19-0 when leading at the half of games this season.