Posted: Feb 12, 2018
- Tuesday will be the 24th game all time between Rhode Island and Richmond.
- Richmond leads the series, 14-9, though Rhode Island has won three of the last four meetings between the teams.
- Richmond is the only team in the Atlantic 10 that Rhode Island does not have an active winning streak against.
- The Spiders beat the Rams 73-62 on Jan. 25, 2017 last season. Richmond built a 21-point lead in the second half and withstood a late Rhode Island push to hold on for the victory.
- The game will feature two of the nation's top thieves. Richmond's Jacob Gilyard ranks fifth in the country with 2.83 steals per contest, while Rhode Island's Stanford Robinson is seventh in the country at 2.50 steals per game.
- While Richmond ranks 23rd in the country with 7.9 steals per game, Rhode Island is one of the best in the nation at preventing turnovers. The Rams commit just 11.0 turnovers per game, which ranks 22nd nationally.
GAME TO AIR ON CBSSN
- Tuesday's game will air on CBSSN.
- Dave Ryan will handle the play-by-play and John Thompson III will be the color analyst.
LANGEVINE ASSERTING HIMSELF IN THE PAINT
- Sophomore Cyril Langevine has shown an improved offensive game over the last four contests, shooting an eye-popping .867 (13-of-15) from the floor over the stretch.
- Langevine scored a career-best 14 points last time out against Davidson.
- He had 12 points the game before that at VCU, the first time this season he has scored in double figures in back-to-back games.
- Langevine has 37 rebounds over his last five games.
- He set a career high with 18 boards at VCU.
- It was the fifth time this season he has had 10 or more rebounds in one game.
- In conference play, he leads the team with 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Plagued by a sports hernia early in the season, Langevine averaged 3.2 points and 3.0 rebounds in the first eight games of the year.
- In Atlantic 10 games, Langevine is shooting a team-best .703 from the field (26-for-37).
BENCH CARRIED THE LOAD AGAINST DAVIDSON
- Rhode Island's bench contributed 41 points in Friday's win over Davidson, the second time this season the reserves have scored 40 or more in a game.
- The bench scored 43 against Brown early in the year.
- Overall, the Ram bench has scored 20 or more points 10 times this season.
- Rhode Island has had a bench player score in double digits 14 times this season. Fatts Russell has done so six times, Cyril Langevine four times, Jarvis Garrett three times and Stanford Robinson once.
RAMS ONE OF SEVEN TEAMS YET TO LOSE IN LEAGUE PLAY
- Rhode Island is one of seven teams nationally that remains unbeaten in its respective conference.
- Montana (Big Sky) and East Tennessee State (Southern) are both 13-0.
- Cincinnati (American) and Rhode Island (Atlantic 10) are 12-0.
- Vermont (American East) and Florida Gulf Coast (Atlantic Sun) are 11-0.
- New Mexico State (WAC) is 9-0.
HOME SWEET HOME
- Rhody has yet to lose in the Ryan Center this season.
- Over its last 29 home games, URI is 26-3, including 15 straight wins dating back to last year.
- The 15 straight home wins is a Ryan Center record.
- Since the 2014-15 season, the Rams are 53-9 when playing in Kingston. They are 26-2 in non-conference home games over the same stretch.