GAME DAY CENTRAL:
TV: ESPN2 - Adam Amin, Craig Robinson
AUDIO: Rhody Sports Network (B101 - 101.5 FM) - Steve McDonald, Don Kaull
RHODE ISLAND VERSUS DAYTON
- The Rams face Dayton for the 29th time overall in the history of the two programs.
- Dayton leads the all-time series, 16-13, earning wins over the Rams in the regular season and Atlantic 10 semifinals during the 2014-15 campaign.
- UD has won the last three meetings, but URI had won seven straight prior to that.
- Rhode Island is 8-4 at home vs. the Flyers.
RHODE ISLAND IN THE ATLANTIC 10 CONFERENCE
- Since its inaugural season in 1980-81 in the Eastern 8, Rhode Island has posted a 259-316 all-time record in Atlantic 10 regular season conference play.
- Last season, the Rams posted a 13-5 Atlantic 10 record, tying for second place.
- The 13 A-10 wins were the second-highest total in school history (14 - 1987-88).
RHODE ISLAND AT THE ALEX AND ANI COURT AT THE THOMAS M. RYAN CENTER
- Rhode Island holds a 143-74 all-time record in the Thomas M. Ryan Center.
- In Atlantic 10 play, Rhody is 63-48 all-time at the Ryan Center.
- With the win over Fordham on Jan. 27, it marked the 11th time in venue history that the Rams won 10 or more home games.
- The Rams' first victory in the building was a 73-71 OT affair vs. USC (Nov. 26, 2002).
RHODE ISLAND VERSUS RANKED OPPONENTS
- Rhode Island is 13-95 all-time versus ranked opponents (for a full list of Rhode Island vs. ranked opponents, see p. 5 of the notes)
- The Rams snapped a 22-game slide against ranked teams on Nov. 22, 2014 in a 66-62 OT win over #21/21 Nebraska.
- Prior to that, URI's last victory over a ranked opponent was on Dec. 2, 1998 vs. #25 Utah (70-63) in the Great Eight Tournament.
- Rhody has faced two nationally ranked opponents this season - #2/2 Maryland (Nov. 25) and #23/24 Providence (Dec. 5).
- URI has faced a ranked Dayton squad once previously - the #22/20 Rams lost, 92-83, to the #17/17 Flyers in Dayton on Jan. 9, 2008.
JARVIS GARRETT - ALL-ATLANTIC 10 AND LEADING CANDIDATE FOR MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD
- Jarvis Garrett is one of the top guards - and a leading candidate for the Most Improved Player award - in the Atlantic 10.
- The sophomore leads the Rams in scoring (13.3 ppg.), assists (4.3 apg), and 3FG% (44.6%) min. 20 3FGM.
- Those totals rank 23rd, 8th, and 3rd, respectively, in the A-10.
- The Milwaukee native has shown a marked improvement in his production since last year's freshman campaign.
- The box on the right show's Garrett improvements between the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.
- He scored a career-high 26 points at La Salle on Feb. 6 returned to the Rams' lineup after suffering a fractured jaw on Jan. 30.
- Garrett has reached double figures in the scoring column in 19 of the 23 games he has played in this season.
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - FEBRUARY 12
- Rhode Island is 14-13 all-time - and 4-7 in Atlantic 10 play - in games played on February 12.
- The last Feb. 9 game came in 2014 - a 76-69 loss at Dayton. The last Feb. 9 win came in 2011 - a 71-70 OT win vs. Charlotte.
- February 12 marks the celebration of National Plum Pudding Day.
- Notable February 12 birthdays: former U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, scientist Charles Darwin, and Naismith Hall of Famer Bill Russell.
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Today's Theme: odds & ends from the George Mason game & season records
- URI's four turnovers in the George Mason game tied the season low, also set on Nov. 29 vs. Rider.
- It marked the sixth time that the Rams kept their turnover total in single digits - the Rams are 6-0 in those games.
- Rhody also knocked down 12 3FG vs. Mason - the sixth time they have made 10 or more 3-pointers. The Rams are 6-0 in those games.
- The Rams shot 53.3% for the game - the ninth time they have shot 50.0% or better this season. URI is 9-0 in those games.
- Rhode Island totalled 15 assists vs. the Patriots. This season, when the Rams dish out 15 or more assists, they are 7-0.
FOUR AND 20
- Jared Terrell posted four straight games with 20 or more points, becoming the first Ram in seven seasons to do so.
- Terrell was the first URI player to score 20 or more points in four consecutive games since Jimmy Baron did so in the 2008-09 season.
- The Weymouth, Mass. native began his scoring streak with a career-best 25 points vs. Fordham on Jan. 27.
- He followed that up with 22 points vs. Saint Joseph's (Jan. 30), 23 points at UMass (Feb. 2), and 22 points at La Salle (Feb. 6).
- Prior to the Fordham game on Jan. 27, the 6-3 guard was averaging 10.9 points. His scoring average has jumped to 13.3 points.
- He scored 19 points last time out vs. George Mason to "snap" the streak. His scoring average over the last five games: 22.2 ppg.
FOUR AND 6
- Four McGlynn made 6-of-11 from the perimeter last time out vs. George Mason on Feb. 9, en route to scoring a game-high 25 points.
- It marked the third time this season - and fifth time in his career - that McGlynn connected on six 3FG in a single-game.
- He leads the Rams with 57 made trifectas and ranks ninth in the A-10 in 3-pointers made, averaging 2.4 3FG/g.
MARTIN AMONG TOP DEFENSIVE PLAYERS IN COUNTRY; RANKS #2 ALL-TIME AT URI FOR CAREER BLOCKED SHOTS
- With his five blocks vs. George Mason on Feb. 9, Hassan Martin moved into the #2 spot all-time on URI's career blocked shots list.
- Kenny Green (324) sits atop the Rhode Island record book. Martin passed current assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean (235).
- With 239 career blocks, Martin is 10th among all active NCAA Division I players. He is second among active juniors.
- Among all active players, Martin ranks fifth in career blocked shots average - at 2.74 blocks per game.
- On Nov. 17 vs. Valparaiso, Hassan Martin registered his program-best ninth career game with at least six blocked shots.
- Point of reference: Green - URI's all-time leader in blocks - had five career games with at least six blocks.
A LEANER TERRELL AIMS TO CONTINUE TRENDING
- In his Rhode Island career, on the 33 occasions in which Jared Terrell scored in double-figures, the team is 26-7.
- On the 14 occasions where Terrell has 15 or more points, Rhody has compiled a 10-4 record.
- As a 2014-15 A-10 All-Rookie team selection, he was named the CBSSports.com/National Freshman of the Week on Feb. 3, 2015.
- The Weymouth, Mass. native dropped from his playing weight of 225 as a freshman to 215 at the start of practice this year.
GARRETT CONNECTING FROM LONG-RANGE
- Through the first nine games of the season, Jarvis Garrett was shooting 5-for-28 from beyond the arc - a 17.9% clip from 3FG.
- Over his last 14 games, he has made 30-of-55 of his 3-point attempts - including 4-of-4 vs. Richmond and 4-of-5 vs. Mason.
- Garrett ranks second on the Rams in 3-pointers made (37 3FGM) and ranks 3rd in the A-10 3FG%, connecting on 44.6%.
- In Atlantic 10 play (11 games), Garrett leads the league in 3FG%, connecting on 60.5% (26-43) from the outside.
- Garrett has registered seven games with at least three made 3-pointers this season.