GAME DAY CENTRAL:
TV: American Sports Network - Dave Armstrong, Tim Scarborough
LOCAL CLEARANCES: MeTV (Rhode Island only); CSN New England (New England)
Full Clearance List (pdf)
AUDIO: Rhody Sports Network (B101 - 101.5 FM) - Steve McDonald, Don Kaull
INTERNET: iHeartRadio.com (audio)
RHODE ISLAND VERSUS LA SALLE
- Rhode Island and La Salle play the second of their two regular season matchups.
- URI holds a 24-8 lead in the all-time series, which dates back to 1976-77.
- Rhody earned a 73-62 win over the Explorers in Kingston on Jan. 16.
- The Rams are 10-5 all-time in games played at La Salle.
- La Salle assistant coach Horace "Pappy" Owens is a 1983 graduate of URI and was inducted into the Athletics Hall of Fame in 1996. He finished his Rhody career with 1,750 points.
RHODE ISLAND IN THE ATLANTIC 10 CONFERENCE
- Since its inaugural season in 1980-81 in the Eastern 8, Rhode Island has posted a 257-316 all-time record in Atlantic 10 regular season conference play.
- Last season, the Rams posted a 13-5 Atlantic 10 record, tying for second place.
- The 13 A-10 wins were the second-highest total in school history (14 - 1987-88).
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Hassan Martin needs three blocked shots to move into sole possession of the #2 spot all-time in the Rhode Island men's basketball record book.
- He would pass current assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean (235).
- Four McGlynn needs to connect on 18 more 3-point FG to move onto URI's single-season top 10 list.
- Former Ram, Philadelphia native, and 2016 A-10 Legend Cuttino Mobley sits at the #10 spot, with 69.
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - FEBRUARY 6
- Rhode Island is 15-17 all-time - and 7-6 in Atlantic 10 play - in games played on February 6.
- URI has played La Salle four times on the February 6 calendar date, going 2-2: 1980 (84-76 loss at La Salle), 1996 (74-65 win at La Salle); 1997 (92-61 win at home) and 2001 (84-68 loss at La Salle).
- The Rams have played six games in the City of Brotherly Love on February 6 and are 2-4 in those games.
- February 6 marks the duel celebration of National Lame Duck and National Frozen Yogurt Days.
- Notable February 6 birthdays: singer Bob Marley, former V.P. Aaron Burr, broadcaster Tom Brokaw, and President Ronald Reagan.
JARVIS GARRETT - AMONG THE A-10'S TOP GUARDS; LEADING CANDIDATE FOR MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD
- Jarvis Garrett is one of the top guards - and a leading candidate for the Most Improved Player award - in the Atlantic 10.
- The sophomore leads the Rams in scoring (12.6 ppg.), assists (4.3 apg), and 3FG% (41.7%) min. 20 3FGM.
- Those totals rank 25th, 7th, and 5th, respectively, in the Atlantic 10 statistical rankings.
- The Milwaukee native has shown a marked improvement in his production since last year's freshman campaign.
- The box on the right show's Garrett improvements between the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.
MARTIN PLAYING THE PERCENTAGES
- Hassan Martin is fifth in the Atlantic 10 in field goal percentage, connecting on 58.4% of his shots.
- The 6-7 forward was 7-for-7 from the floor vs. La Salle on Jan. 16. In A-10 play, he boasts a 58.5% FG% - seventh in the league.
- For his career, the junior is shooting 57.7% (322-558) - which ranks first all-time in the URI record book.
- The 57.7% shooting proficiency mark is 19th-best among all active NCAA Division I student-athletes.
ROLLING ON 20'S
- Jared Terrell has posted three straight games with 20 or more points - including a career-best 25 points vs. Fordham on Jan. 27.
- Last time out, the sophomore guard scored a game-high 23 points in the overtime loss at UMass.
- Terrell also had 22 points at home against Saint Joseph's on Jan. 30.
- Prior to the Fordham game on Jan. 27, the 6-3 guard was averaging 10.9 points. His scoring average has jumped to 12.6 points.
- Terrell is the first Rhody player to score 20 or more points in three consecutive games since E.C. Matthews - 24 vs. UMass (Feb. 9, 2014), 22 at Dayton (Feb. 12, 2014), and 32 against Duquesne (Feb. 15, 2014).
POSITIVE ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO
- Through the first five games of the season, Rhody had posted 49 assists to 75 turnovers - a 0.65:1 assist/turnover ratio.
- Since then, the Rams have 210 assists to 182 turnovers, good for a 1.15:1 assist/turnover ratio.
- For the season, Rhody is back on the positive side of its assist/turnover totals, with 259 assists and 258 TO (1.01:1).
SOMEWHERE IN THIS ANCIENT, MYSTIC TRINITY...
- Rhode Island ranks fourth in the A-10 (135th nationally) in 3FG%, connecting on 35.6% of its attempts from beyond the arc.
- In Atlantic 10 play (nine games), Rhode Island is third the league in long-range shooting, connecting on 36.8% (67-182).
- In 2014-15, the Rams ranked near the bottom of the NCAA rankings, checking in at 313th in 3FG% (30.3%).
...THREE IS A MAGIC NUMBER
- Rhode Island posted the nation's fourth-best 3-point shooting performance of the season on Jan. 5 vs. Richmond.
- The Rams connected on 12-of-17 from beyond the arc - good for a 70.6% mark. Rhody made its first eight long-range attempts.
- The 70.6 3FG% is the fourth-best 3-point performance in school history. The record is 72.2% (13-18) vs. Vermont (Dec. 30, 2003).
- Rhody connected on 10 or more 3-pointers in three consecutive games - at Brown (12/30), vs. SLU (1/2), and vs. Richmond (1/5).
- The last time that happened was 2006-07 - 12 at Duquesne (2/11/07), 11 vs. Saint Louis (2/14/07), 12 vs. Charlotte (2/17/07).
- During that three-game span, the Rams made 35-of-67 from beyond the arc - good for 52.2%.
A LEANER TERRELL AIMS TO CONTINUE TRENDING
- In his Rhode Island career, on the 31 occasions in which Jared Terrell scored in double-figures, the team is 24-7.
- On the 12 occasions where Terrell has 15 or more points, Rhody has compiled a 8-4 record.
- As a 2014-15 A-10 All-Rookie team selection, he was named the CBSSports.com/National Freshman of the Week on Feb. 3, 2015.
- The Weymouth, Mass. native dropped from his playing weight of 225 as a freshman to 215 at the start of practice this year.
GARRETT CONNECTING FROM LONG-RANGE
- Through the first nine games of the season, Jarvis Garrett was shooting 5-for-28 from beyond the arc - a 17.9% clip from 3FG.
- Over his last 12 games, Garrett has made 23-of-44 from the perimeter - including a career-best 4-of-4 on Jan. 5 vs. Richmond.
- Garrett ranks second on the Rams in 3-pointers made (30 3FGM) and ranks 5th in the A-10 3FG%, connecting on 41.7%.
- In Atlantic 10 play (eight games), Garrett leads the league in 3FG%, connecting on 59.4% (19-24) from the outside.