GAME DAY CENTRAL:
TV: OSN/TimeWarner Sports Channel - David Miller; Richard Walsh
RHODE ISLAND VERSUS ST. BONAVENTURE
- Today's game is the lone regular season matchup against St. Bonaventure.
- Rhody holds a 36-27 edge all-time in the all-time series, dating back to 1960-61.
- Last year, the Rams held on for a 53-48 victory at the Ryan Center on Jan. 25, 2015.
- The Rams are 15-16 all-time vs. the Bonnies at the Reilly Center, including an 87-78 win on Feb. 22, 2014.
RHODE ISLAND IN THE ATLANTIC 10 CONFERENCE
- Since its inaugural season in 1980-81 in the Eastern 8, Rhode Island has posted a 255-312 all-time record in Atlantic 10 regular season conference play.
- Last season, the Rams posted a 13-5 Atlantic 10 record, tying for second place.
- The 13 A-10 wins were the second-highest total in school history (14 - 1987-88).
- Rhody's six A-10 road wins tied for most in the league (VCU) and was the second-highest total in program history (7 in 1987-88).
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Today's Theme: Highs & Lows; Ebbs & Flows
- Through the Nebraska game, URI was shooting 59.9% from the FT line (151-252).
- Since that point, the Rams have connected on 73.2% (101-138) through six games.
- Jared Terrell is six points away from reaching the 500 point mark for his career.
- In the same number of career games (49), Terrell and back court/class mate Jarvis Garrett have the same number of rebounds - 142.
- Rhode Island grabbed a season-low six offensive rebounds at Saint Joseph's on Jan. 10 and had just four second-chance points.
- Prior to that game, URI was averaging 12.3 offensive boards and 14.0 second-chance points on the season.
- Hassan Martin has 99 career dunks in 79 career games - 33.4% of his career field goals made have come via the dunk.
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - JANUARY 13
- Rhode Island is 19-7 all-time - and 6-3 in Atlantic 10 play - in games played on Jan. 13. Two games came vs. St. Bonaventure.
- On January 13, 1979, Rhode Island earned a 95-67 win at St. Bonaventure.
- The Rams lost at Bona - 82-81 in overtime - on January 13, 1986.
- January 13 marks the dual celebration of National Rubber Ducky and National Peach Melba Days.
- Notable Jan. 13 birthdays: comedic actor Charles Nelson Reilly, trainer Bob Baffert, and former Supreme Court Justice Salmon P. Chase.
POSITIVE ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO
- Through the first five games of the season, Rhody had posted 49 assists to 75 turnovers - a 0.65:1 assist/turnover ratio.
- Since then, the Rams have 144 assists to 112 turnovers, good for a 1.30:1 assist/turnover ratio.
- For the season, Rhody is back on the positive side of its assist/turnover totals, with 193 assists and 187 TO (1.03:1).
- Three Rams - Jarvis Garrett (74:27), Jared Terrell (43:32), and Christion Thompson (17:15) are posting positive assist/turnover ratios.
- Rhode Island is 6-1 when posting a positive assist/turnover ratio. The lone loss came at Old Dominion (12 A/10 TO).
SOMEWHERE IN THIS ANCIENT, MYSTIC TRINITY...
- Rhode Island posted the second-best 3-point shooting performance of the season on Jan. 5 vs. Richmond.
- The Rams connected on 12-of-17 from beyond the arc - hitting their first eight long-range attempts - for a 70.6% 3FG percentage.
- Only Oral Roberts (15-21; 71.4% vs. Detroit) has shot better in a single-game this season.
- The 70.6 3FG% is the fourth-best 3-point performance in school history. The record is 72.2% (13-18) vs. Vermont on Dec. 30, 2003.
...THREE IS A MAGIC NUMBER
- Rhody connected on 10 or more 3-pointers in three consecutive games - at Brown (12/30), vs. SLU (1/2), and vs. Richmond (1/5).
- The last time that happened was 2006-07 - 12 at Duquesne (2/11/07), 11 vs. Saint Louis (2/14/07), 12 vs. Charlotte (2/17/07).
- During that three-game span, the Rams have made 35-of-67 from beyond the arc - good for 52.2%.
- Through 16 games, URI's 3FG% is 37.8% - ranking 53rd nationally. In 2014-15, the Rams ranked 313th nationally in 3FG% (30.3%).
- Jarvis Garrett (4-4) and Four McGlynn (4-5) combined to hit eight of Rhody's 12 3-pointers vs. Saint Louis.
- The last time Rhody had two players make at least four 3-pointers in a game was March 2, 2013 at Temple (Munford - 5; Malone - 4).
'TIS THE SEASON OF GIVING FOR GARRETT
- Jarvis Garrett leads the Rams, ranking fifth in the A-10 and 97th nationally in assists, averaging 4.6 dimes per game.
- He had a season-high eight assists (one turnover) in 33 minutes against Richmond on Jan. 5.
- Last time out at Saint Joseph's, he played 38 minutes without committing a turnover, while dishing out six assists.
- The sophomore point guard has led the team in assists in 12 of 16 games and ranks 82nd nationally in total assists (74).
MARTIN, IVERSON RETURN TO STARTING LINEUP
- Hassan Martin and Kuran Iverson returned to the first five for Rhody at Saint Joseph's on Jan. 10.
- Both post players missed the Dec. 30 game at Brown due to injuries. Martin also DNP'ed the Jan. 2 A-10 opener vs. Saint Louis.
- The junior forwards combined for 33 points and 10 rebounds against the Hawks.