GAME DAY CENTRAL:
TV: NBC Sports Network - Steve Schlanger; David Kaplan
RHODE ISLAND VS. SAINT LOUIS
- This afternoon, the Rams and the Billikens will meet for the 16th time.
- Rhody leads the all-time series, 9-6 - winning the last two and seven of the last eight meetings between the two schools.
- URI swept the season series in 2014-15, with a 65-53 win at SLU on Jan. 3, 2015 and an 81-68 win at home on Feb. 14.
- Head coach Dan Hurley is 3-1 versus Saint Louis all-time.
RHODE ISLAND IN THE ATLANTIC 10 CONFERENCE
- Since its inaugural season in 1980-81 in the Eastern 8, Rhode Island has posted a 253-310 all-time record in Atlantic 10 regular season conference play.
- Last season, the Rams posted a 13-5 Atlantic 10 record, tying for second place.
- The 13 A-10 wins were the second-highest total in school history (14 - 1987-88).
- Rhody's six A-10 road wins tied for most in the league (VCU) and was the second-highest total in program history (7 in 1987-88).
RHODE ISLAND IN ATLANTIC 10 OPENERS
- Since joining the Eastern Eight/Atlantic 10 conference during the 1980-81 season, Rhode Island has compiled a 15-20 overall record in league opening games.
- Last year, the Rams earned a 65-53 decision at Saint Louis on Jan. 3, 2015 - snapping a seven-game losing streak in A-10 openers.
- This year marks the third straight season that Rhody has kicked off A-10 play facing Saint Louis.
RHODE ISLAND AT THE ALEX AND ANI COURT AT THE THOMAS M. RYAN CENTER
- Rhode Island holds a 138-73 all-time record in the Thomas M. Ryan Center and went 14-2 last year on the Alex and Ani Court.
- It marked the 10th time in venue history (13 years) that the Rams won 10 or more home games.
- The Rams' first victory in the building was a 73-71 overtime affair vs. USC on Nov. 26, 2002.
RHODE ISLAND IN NON-CONFERENCE PLAY
- URI finished with an 8-5 mark in non-conference play - the third straight year with at least eight wins before the start of A-10 play.
- Since joining the Eastern 8 in 1980, URI is 277-220 (.557) in non-conference play.
- Rhody is 72-25 in the regular season and 81-26 overall in non-conference games played at the Thomas M. Ryan Center.
- URI has won 12 of its last 14 and 21 of its last 25 home non-conference games.
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Through the first five games of the season, Rhody had posted 49 assists to 75 turnovers - a 0.65:1 assist/turnover ratio.
- Since then, the Rams have 102 assists to 78 turnovers, good for a 1.31:1 assist/turnover ratio.
- URI scored a season-high 24 second-chance points at Brown and is averaging 20.0 second-chance points over the last three games.
- Dating back to the 2012-13 season, Rhody has won its last five overtime games.
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - JANUARY 2
- Rhode Island is 9-7 all-time - and 1-0 in Atlantic 10 play - in games played on January 2.
- Notable Jan. 2 victories: 1992 at Temple (74-62); 2010 vs. Oklahoma State (63-59).
- The Rams have won their last four games played on the January 2 calendar date.
- January 2 marks the dueling celebration of National Cream Puff and National Personal Trainer Awareness Days.
- Notable January 2 birthdays: actor Cuba Gooding Jr., guard Kirk Hinrich, and former presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.
SOME MORE NOTES ABOUT FOUR McGLYNN's CAREER-HIGH 33 POINTS
- Four McGlynn poured in a career-best 33 points last time out at Brown. His previous high was 27 points, set on four occasions.
- It was the first 30-point performance by a Rhody player since E.C. Matthews had 32 vs. Duquesne on Feb. 15, 2014.
- It tied for the highest point total by a URI player under Dan Hurley - Xavier Munford had 33 points at Auburn on Nov. 25, 2012.
- His 10 field goals made tied with Hassan Martin (10 vs. Iona) for the most by a Ram this season and his 21 field goals attempted were the most in a game since Munford at Auburn (24 in a double OT win).
- McGlynn connected on six 3-pointers for the second time this season and the fourth time in his career.
SEVEN WITH AT LEAST SEVEN
- Each of the seven players to see action at Brown on Dec. 30 scored at least seven points.
- URI was limited to just seven scholarship players vs. the Bears - Hassan Martin and Kuran Iverson were unavailable due to injury.
- Newcomers Andre Berry (3-3 FG) and Nicola Akele (3-5 FG) each tallied seven points - new career-highs.
CONFIDENT THOMPSON CONTRIBUTES OFF BENCH
- Christion Thompson has provided a scoring punch off the bench over his last eight games, averaging 7.1 points per game.
- The 6-4 guard has connected on 11-of-21 (52.4% 3FG) from beyond the arc over the eight-game span.
- He poured in a career-best 13 points at Brown - scoring eight points in the second half and overtime periods.
- At Nebraska, Thompson tallied eight points (3-4 FG; 2-2 3FG) in 14 minutes of play.
- On Dec. 5 vs. Providence, Thompson connected on 3-of-3 from beyond the arc good for 10 points.
- Against Rider, the freshman guard tallied a season-high 11 points - connecting on 3-of-6 from the floor (3-5 3FG) in 13 minutes.
GARRETT CONNECTING FROM LONG-RANGE
- Through the first nine games of the season, Jarvis Garrett was shooting 5-for-28 from beyond the arc - a 17.9% clip from 3FG.
- Over his last four games, Garrett has made 6-of-12 from the perimeter - including 3-of-5 at Nebraska and 3-of-4 vs. Iona.