PROMOTION: All fans that donate a new, unwrapped toy will receive a half-price voucher to a future men's basketball game.
RHODE ISLAND VS. HOLY CROSS - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Tonight marks the 40th meeting between Rhode Island and Holy Cross.
- The Crusaders hold a 26-13 lead in the all-time series, dating back to 1908-09.
- Rhode Island dropped 17 consecutive games to the Jesuit school from Worcester, through the Bob Cousy (1946-50) and Tom Heinsohn (1953-56) years into 1962-63.
- URI won the last meeting - a 92-75 decision at the Ryan Center on Nov. 22, 2009.
- Holy Cross is Rhody's 17th most common opponent.
RHODE ISLAND VS. THE PATRIOT LEAGUE
- Rhode Island is 5-1 all-time against Patriot League opponents.
- The Rams opened the 2015-16 season with a win over American on Nov. 13.
- URI is 1-1 vs. Holy Cross in Patriot League play. The Crusaders are a charter member of the conference, which began play in 1990-91.
RHODE ISLAND IN NON-CONFERENCE PLAY
- Since joining the Eastern 8 in 1980, URI is 273-217 (.557) in non-conference play.
- Rhody is 69-24 (.742) in the regular season and 78-25 (.757) in all non-conference games played at the Thomas M. Ryan Center.
- URI has won 10 of its last 11 and 19 of its last 22 home non-conference games.
RHODE ISLAND AT THE ALEX AND ANI COURT AT THE THOMAS M. RYAN CENTER
- Rhode Island holds a 135-72 all-time record in the Thomas M. Ryan Center and went 14-2 last year on the Alex and Ani Court.
- It marked the 10th time in venue history (13 years) that the Rams won 10 or more home games.
- The Rams' first victory in the building was a 73-71 overtime affair vs. USC on Nov. 26, 2002.
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Today's Theme: Treys and Turnovers vs. Rider
- Rhody connected on a season-best 13 3-pointers vs. Rider - the most by the Rams since hitting 14 vs. Lafayette on Dec. 22, 2010.
- Four McGlynn connected on five first half 3FG - the most in a half since Feb. 12, 2011 (Akeem Richmond - five 3FG vs. Charlotte).
- In 40 minutes of play vs. Rider, the Rams committed a season-low four turnovers.
- The unofficial program record for least amount of turnovers - 2- came on March 22, 2010 vs. Nevada in the first round of the NIT.
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - DECEMBER 2
- Rhode Island is 12-8 all-time in games played on December 2.
- The most notable win came over #25 Utah in 1998 at the Great Eight Tournament in Chicago.
- A notable Dec. 2 loss came in 1977 at the inaugural Carrier Classic at Syracuse.
- In that game, Sly Williams and the Rams fell, 92-64, to Michigan State and their 6-9 freshman point guard Earvin Johnson.
- The December 2 calendar date marks the celebration of National Fritters Day, as well as the lighting of the Rockefeller Center tree.
- Notable December 2 birthdays: pop star Britney Spears, quarterback Aaron Rodgers, and man-who-was-in-charge Alexander Haig.
McGLYNN PACES OFFENSIVE OUTPUT FROM THE OUTSIDE VS. RIDER
- Four McGlynn connected on 6-of-10 from the perimeter and the Rams knocked down 13-of-28 3FG vs. Rider on Nov. 29.
- The graduate transfer made his first five 3FG attempts in the first half, en route to tying his career-high with 27 points.
- Freshman Christion Thompson also had the hot hand from outside, coming off the bench to make 3-of-5 from beyond the arc.
- Rhody's 13 made 3-pointers were the most in a single-game since Dec. 22, 2010, when URI made 14 treys vs. Lafayette.
- The Rams' 46.4% 3-point FG% was a single-game season-high and boosted the team's overall 3FG% from 31.9% to 36.0%.
MARTIN JOINS 200 BLOCK CLUB
- With his five blocks vs. Rider, Hassan Martin tallied his 200th career blocked shot.
- Only Kenny Green (324) and current assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean (235) rank above him on Rhody's all-time blocks list.
- Among all active players, Martin is one of 10 Division I players to have at least 200 career blocks.
CONFIDENT THOMPSON CONTRIBUTES OFF BENCH VS. RIDER
- Freshman guard Christion Thompson tallied a season-high 11 points off the bench for Rhode Island.
- Thompson connected on 3-of-6 from the floor - including 3-of-5 from the perimeter and 2-of-2 from the line - in 13 minutes.