RHODE ISLAND VS. RIDER - ALL-TIME SERIES
- Tonight marks the first-ever meeting between Rhode Island and Rider.
RHODE ISLAND VERSUS THE MAAC
- The Rams are 35-20 all-time vs. Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference opponents.
- In its last meeting vs. a MAAC foe, URI earned an 88-75 victory over Iona in the first round of the 2015 NIT on March 17, 2015.
- Rider is the first of two MAAC opponents this season (Iona - Dec. 19).
- URI has faced Manhattan the most of any MAAC opponent (21 games).
RHODE ISLAND IN NON-CONFERENCE PLAY
- Since joining the Eastern 8 in 1980, URI is 272-217 (.556) in non-conference play.
- Rhody is 68-24 (.739) in the regular season and 77-25 (.755) in all non-conference games played at the Thomas M. Ryan Center.
- URI has won nine of its last 10 and 18 of its last 21 home non-conference games.
RHODE ISLAND AT THE ALEX AND ANI COURT AT THE THOMAS M. RYAN CENTER
- Rhode Island holds a 134-72 all-time record in the Thomas M. Ryan Center and went 14-2 last year on the Alex and Ani Court.
- It marked the 10th time in venue history (13 years) that the Rams won 10 or more home games.
- The Rams' first victory in the building was a 73-71 overtime affair vs. USC on Nov. 26, 2002.
RHODE ISLAND IN IN-SEASON TOURNAMENTS/MULTI-TEAM EVENTS
- Dating back to the 1949-50 season, Rhode Island is 68-74 all-time in in-season tournaments.
- Rhody has gone 2-1 in Cancun Challenge play - with wins over Cleveland State and TCU, while losing to #2/2 Maryland.
- Last year, the Rams went 1-2 in the Orlando Classic, falling to Kansas and Georgia Tech, while beating Santa Clara.
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Today's Theme: November Reign
- With a win today, the Rams will have secured their third straight winning November.
- Last season, Rhody was 4-2 during the first calendar month of the season, while the team posted a 6-3 mark in 2013-14.
- Rhody has posted a winning mark in December in two of the last three years - 2012-13 (3-2) and 2014-15 (4-1).
TODAY IN RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL - NOVEMBER 29
- Rhode Island is 6-1 all-time in games played on November 29.
- Three of the wins came Stonehill (1980, 1982, 1984). Other wins: Dartmouth (1986), Buffalo (2001), Boston University (2005).
- The lone loss: Villanova (2008) in the title game of the Philly Hoop Group Classic at the Palestra.
- The November 29 calendar date marks the celebration of National Electronic Greetings Day - apropos the day before Cyber Monday.
- Notable November 29 birthdays: closer Mariano Rivera, actor Don Cheadle, and Hall of Fame sportscaster Vin Scully.
CAREER HIGHS FOR IVERSON & WATSON VS. MARYLAND; BOTH NAMED TO ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
- Kuran Iverson and Earl Watson each tallied new career-highs in scoring vs. Maryland in the title game of the Cancun Challenge.
- Iverson scored a game-high 19 points, connecting on 7-of-18 from the floor - including 2-of-3 from beyond the arc.
- Watson added 17 points off the bench - shooting 6-of-8 from the field and 5-of-6 from the charity stripe.
- Both Rhody forwards were named to the Cancun Challenge Riviera Division All-Tournament team.