0 E.C. Matthews
- Named 2014 Atlantic 10 Co-Rookie of the Year; fifth URI player to earn the award
- Seven-time Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week selection (Nov. 26, Jan. 6, Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24, March 10)
- Led the team with 21 points, while tallying seven rebounds and four assists vs. Fordham
- Added a game-high 19 points to go along with six rebounds and two blocks vs. Richmond
- His around-the-back, no-look pass to Hassan Martin in the Richmond game was the #8 highlight on ESPN’s SportsCenter Top 10 on Saturday, March 1
- Scored 24 points (8-16 FG; 6-7 FT), grabbed four boards, and dished out three assists at St. Bonaventure
- Poured in a career-high 32 points against Duquesne - the most by a Rhody freshman since 1999-2000.
- Since January, 2014, has registered seven games with 20 or more points.
- Had 17 points, a career-best five assists, four rebounds, two steals and a block vs. Saint Joseph’s
- Had 16 of his 22 points in the second half at Dayton and led all scorers with 24 points vs. Massachusetts
- Compiled a full stat line at Fordham: 20 points, five rebounds, four assists, three steals and a block.
- Registered his first collegiate double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds against Dayton.
- Scored 16 of his 20 points vs. the Flyers in the second half. Also notched four steals.
- Scored a career-high 21 points in back-to-back games - at Brown and at LSU
- Added season-highs of nine rebounds and four assists at LSU
- Had 13 of his game-high 17 points in the second half against Southern Miss
- Scored a career-best 18 points at home versus North Carolina A&T. Also had six rebounds and four assists in that game
- Earned his first collegiate start on Nov. 26 vs. McNeese State
At Romulus H.S.:
- Consistently ranked among top 100 prospects in the nation by all major recruiting services
- Named to the Associated Press Michigan Class A All-State team after helping to lead Romulus to its first State Championship since 1986
- Also named to USA Today's All-State Dream Team after averaging 17.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 2.5 assists as a senior
- Registered 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Eagles in the title game victory over Detroit Southeastern after pouring in 37 points in semifinals
- One of three Division I signees from Romulus, which finished the 2012-13 season with a 22-3 mark and the No. 7 ranking on the MaxPreps Top 25 under head coach Nate Oats
- Elbert Clark Matthews was born on Oct. 3, 1995
- Son of Regina Townsend
- Has a brother Michael
- Hopes to become a broadcaster when his playing career is over
- Lists his favorite team as the Oklahoma City Thunder and LeBron James as his favorite NBA player
- Communications major