Rhode Island Starters
White (CF), Mircovich (RF), Jackson Coutts (DH), Cristino (C), Vargas (1B), Heiss (SS), Cavaliere (LF), Bordéur (2B), McManus (3B), Cherry (P)
Wichita State Starters
Gibson (RF), Ritter (SS), Wallace (3B), O'Brien (1B), Slaven (2B), Cadena (LF), Croft (C), Plastiak (DH), VanVooren (CF), Carver (P)
How it Happened
Wichita State struck first, using a pair of RBI doubles to take a 2-0 lead in the bottom on the third inning.
Austin White cut the lead in half in the top of the fifth, doubling to left field before advancing to third and eventually scoring - both times on wild pitches.
The Shockers went on to put single runs on the board in the sixth, seventh and eighth innings for the eventual 5-1 victory.
The loss drops Rhody to 4-10 on the season while Wichita State improves to 8-11.
Inside the Box Score
- The Rams were limited to just six hits on the afternoon.
- Senior Kevin Heiss and redshirt sophomore Max Mircovich each went 2-for-4 on the day. One of Mircovich's hits was a triple.
- Redshirt sophomore Josh Brodeur also reached base twice, on a single and a walk.
- Sophomore Austin White doubled and scored a run.
- Redshirt freshman Justin Cherry was charged with the loss, allowing three runs (two earned) over a 6.0-inning start. He struck out eight and issued no walks.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday afternoon when they host Sacred Heart at 3 p.m.