URI - RHP Matt Murphy (3-3, 2.20 ERA)
LAS - LHP Jackson Ray (1-3, 4.81 ERA)
URI - LHP Tyler Wilson (2-6, 3.79 ERA)
LAS - RHP Erik Janss (0-1, 1.00 ERA)
URI - RHP Taso Stathopoulos (3-1, 2.06 ERA)
LAS - LHP Colin Scanlon (0-0, 7.53 ERA)
La Salle (14- 31, 4-11 Atlantic 10)
- La Salle comed to Kingston after dropping a pair of midweek games to Villanova and LIU Brooklyn.
- Ben Faso leads the way for the Explorers with a .346 batting average and 31 runs batted in. He also leads the team in putouts (304).
- Chase Arnold and Ryan Guckin are tied for the team lead with four home runs each.
- On the mound, Jackson Ray has pitched a team-high 48.2 innings pitched and owns a 4.81 ERA.
- Austin Constantini leads La Salle in saves, with four, but is 0-2 with a 9.82 ERA over 12 appearances.
Rhode Island (16-25, 6-9 Atlantic 10)
- After a nine-day layoff that included their Atlantic 10 bye weekend, URI returns to action this weekend for a conference series againse La Salle.
- The Rams have won eight in a row, taking three from Saint Joseph's, two from UMass, and one each from Bryant, Hartford and Boston College.
- Jackson Coutts leads the way for the Rams with a .308 batting average. He and Kevin Heiss each have driven in a team-leading 14 runs.
- After missing seven games win an injury, Greg Cavaliere has hit .529 (9-17) with six RBI and four runs scored in Rhody's last five games.
- On the mound Nick Johnson is continuing his hot streak with a 1.21 ERA over 22.1 innings pitched. He leads the team in saves, with six.
- Mark Silvestri is not far behind with a 1.83 ERA in 19.2 innings pitched
- After hosting the Explorers, URI will have two remaining A-10 weekend series - next weekend at Dayton, and the following weekend, at home, versus St. Bonaventure.
- The Rams also have one remaining midweek game - a May 15 matchup with UConn at Bill Beck Field.