URI - RHP Matt Murphy (2-3, 2.57 ERA)
SJU - RHP Matt Kennedy (1-2, 4.95 ERA)
URI - LHP Tyler Wilson (1-6, 4.10 ERA)
SJU - RHP Tim Brennan (6-2, 3.33 ERA)
URI - RHP Taso Stathopoulos (2-1, 2.17 ERA)
SJU - RHP Justin Aungst (1-7, 5.45 ERA)
Saint Joseph's (14-17, 4-6 Atlantic 10)
- Saint Joesph's comes to Rhode Island having lost four of its last five games, including two of three to Davidson last weekend.
- Saturday starter Tim Brennan is the reigning Atlantic 10 Pitcher of Week, having recorded nine strikeouts with no walks in last weekend's 6-3 win over Davidson. He enters the weekend ranked third in Division I with a 13.5-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and is sixth in program history in both wins and strikeouts.
- Offensively, Charlie Concannon leads the way with a .371 batting average, 20 RBI and 13 extra-base hits.
- Radar Namey has belted a team-leading five homeruns for the Hawks, who have combined for 19 as a team.
Rhode Island (12-25, 3-9 Atlantic 10)
- Rhode Island enters the weekend on a four-game win streak, having outscored its opponents 22-7 during that stretch.
- The Rams collected their first A-10 series victory lasw weekend, winning two of three at UMass. Redshirt junior Tyler Wilson earned his first W of the season in Saturday's series finale.
- Rhody then traveled to Boston College and picked up a 3-1 win over the Eagles, as the URI pitching staff did not give up a hit after the first inning.
- The following day, Rhode Island eased its way to a 10-2 win over Hartford. Sophomore Greg Cavaliere had a huge day against Hartford, going 3-for-4 with five RBI in his first game back from injury. He hit a two-run single in the bottom of the first and followed with his first-career home run - a three-run shot - in his next trip to the plate.
- Freshman Jackson Coutts continues to swing a hot bat as he leads the way for the Rams with a .294 batting average.
- Senior Jordan Powell leads the team in hits (38) and stolen bases (12) while Cavaliere and redshirt junior Laurence Hill have scored a team-best 14 runs each.
- On the mound, Nick Johnson continues to be dominant as he enters the weekend with a 1.40 ERA over 16 relief appearances. He has recorded 33 strikeouts with just eight walks and earned his third save of the season Tuesday at Boston College.