Rhode Island Lineup
Powell (CF), Heiss (SS), Coutts (DH), McManus (2B), Ulliana (C), Daller (3B), White (LF), Ilario (RF), Petrucci (1B)
Holy Cross Lineup
Russo (LF), Masel (CF), Rinaldi (SS), Volpi (1B), Dudunakis (2B), Gionis (RF), Hector (DH), Vucovich (C), Meyer (3B)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (8-24) struck first, plating three runs in the top of the second for the early lead. With the bases loaded, freshman Austin White beat out an infield single and advanced to second on a throwing error which allowed both Brett McManus and Sonny Ulliana to cross the plate. Matt Daller later scored on a passed ball for the 3-0 advantage.
Holy Cross (12-13) got a run back in the bottom of the inning however, and plated four more in the fourth to move ahead 5-3.
White the drove in Ulliana in the top of the sixth, using a two-out groundout to make it a one-run game (5-4), but Holy Cross responded with a three-run sixth and tacked on another in the seventh for the 9-4 win.
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Sonny Ulliana went 1-for-3 with a walk and two runs scored.
- Freshman Austin White had a pair of hits, walked once and drove in a pair of runs.
- Freshman Matt Daller and junior Brett McManus each scored a run for the Rams.
- Freshman Josh Petrucci made his collegiate debut for the Rams, earning the start at first base.
- Freshman Ryan Twitchell took the loss, allowing five runs on six hits over a 3.0-inning start. He struck out three and walked just one.
- Redshirt junior Cam LaFleur, junior Mark Silvestri and senior Nick Johnson each pitched an inning of scoreless relief.
The Rams return to action on Friday afternoon when travel to UMass to open a three-game Atlantic 10 series with the Minutemen.