URI - RHP Matt Murphy (1-3, 2.72 ERA)
FOR - RHP Reiss Knehr (3.2, 3.37 ERA)
URI - LHP Tyler Wilson (0-5, 3.79 ERA)
FOR - RHP Ben Greenberg (3-1, 1.62 ERA)
URI - TBA
FOR - RHP Anthony DiMeglio (3-0, 4.13 ERA)
Fordham (16-8-1, 2-1 Atlantic 10)
- Fordham is coming off a 29-1 midweek victory over Saint Peter's.
- The Rams' hosted Manhattan during their A-10 bye week last weekend, at took two of three games from the Jaspers.
- Fordham is 8-3 when playing at Houlihan Park this season.
- With 18 stolen bases Alvin Malendez leads the Atlantic 10. He also ranks third in the conference in saves, with 5.
- Reliever Brian Weissert leads the team with a 0.67 ERA over 26.2 innings pitched. He has recorded 29 strikeouts while allowing just 13 hits.
- Jake Mackenzie has driven in a team-best 22 runs, while posting a .241 batting average and a .462 slugging percentage.
- Five different players have homered for Fordham. Mackenzie and Billy Godrick each have homered three times.
- Five Fordham pitchers have thrown a minimum of 10 innings and own an ERA under 2.00.
- Fordham will send three right handed starters to the mound this weekend, with Ben Greenberg leading the way with a 1.62 ERA.
Rhode Island (6-21, 0-6 Atlantic 10)
- Rhode Island heads back on the road after hosting dropping three home games to Davidson last weekend.
- Rhody has not played in nearly a week as both of the Rams' midweek games were rained out.
- Ten of Rhody's first 18 games were against top-30 teams as the Rams played three at #1 Florida, three at #9 Texas A&M and four at #28 Stetson. Several of those games were close as Rhody dropped the season-opener at Texas A&M by a score of 4-1 before losing in walkoff fashion (4-3) the following afternoon. Against the top-ranked Gators, URI led 2-1 heading into the ninth inning, but Florida scored twice in the bottom of the frame to avoid the upset. The Rams also lost a 3-2 extra-innings decision at #28 Stetson.
- Nearly half of URI's 21 losses have been by either one or two runs as the Rams have been defeated by a single run seven times, and two runs twice.
- Freshman Jackson Coutts leads the team with a .313 batting average and a .3889 on-base percentage.
- Junior Kevin Heiss has driven in a team-best 10 runs and is hitting .232 on the season.
- Redshirt senior Matt Murphy lead URI's starters with a 2.72 ERA.
- Redshirt junior Tyler Wilson has recorded a team-leading 37 strikeouts.
- Redshirt senior Tyler Barss has picked up three saves to extend URI's career record to 29. In 13.2 innings pitched, opponents have combined to hit just .174 off of him.