Rhode Island Lineup
Heiss (SS), Santos (3B), Powell (CF), Coutts (DH), Cavaliere (LF), Ulliana (C), Hill (2B), McManus (1B), White (RF), Wilson (P)
Dalton (RF), Maldonado (DH), Schwarz (C), India (3B), Bell (1B), Reese (2B), Langworthy (LF), Horvath (CF), Liput (SS), Singer (P)
How it Happened
No. 1 Florida (13-3) eased its way to a 9-0 win over Rhode Island (2-9) in the series opener Friday night at McKethan Stadium. The Gators took a 2-0 lead in the first inning and led 7-0 after four.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior Brett McManus reached base twice on a pair of walks.
- Freshman Jackson Coutts also reached twice, on a walk and a single.
- Junior Kevin Heiss had the only other hit of the night for the Rams, a third-inning single to right field.
- Defensively, Rhody committed two errors which led to the Gators scoring five unearned runs.
- Redshirt junior Tyler Wilson struck out four and allowed seven runs (three earned) on eight hits. He threw 90 pitches through six innings.
- Junior Mark Silvestri and redshirt sophomore Tyler Brosius each allowed one run in an inning of relief work.
- Brady Singer picked up the win for Florida. He gave up two walks and two hits over a 7.0-inning start.
The Rams and Gators return to McKethan Stadium to close out the series with a Saturday afternoon doubleheader. First pitch of Game 1 is set for 1 p.m.