Rhode Island Lineup
Hess (2B), Figueroa (3B), Powell (CF), Olmo (RF), Livingston (C), Gardella (DH), McManus (1B), Hill (SS), Lee (LF), Moyers (P)
Runco (2B), Bardwell (C), McNally (LF), Stampfl (1B), Donadio (RF), Lundy (CF), Edmiston (3B), Mahoney (DH), DeVito (SS), Weissert (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (13-16, 5-3) suffered its second shutout loss of the season Saturday afternoon, falling to Fordham at Houlihan Park. The Rams fell behind in the bottom of the second - when Ian Edmiston scored on a Rhody error - and were never able to recover. Fordham added four runs in the sixth and three more in the eighth for the 8-0 victory.
URI managed just five base runners on the afternoon - on three hits, a walk and a hit batsman.
Inside the Box Score
- Rhody was outhit 13-3 in the loss.
- The Rams only put multiple base runners on in one inning - the fourth - when junior Martin Figueroa and sophomore Jordan Powell recorded back-to-back singles.
- Sophomore Mike Foley had the other hit for URI, sending a pinch-hit double to left centerfield in the top of the ninth.
- Senior Steve Moyers took the loss, scattering nine hits and allowing five runs (four earned) over six innings. He struck out four and walked one.
- Moyers has now made 42 career starts for the Rams. In 21 of those games, the Rams have scored three or fewer runs - including six shutouts.
- Junior Evan Flanagan tossed a scoreless seventh before redshirt junior Matt Ferraiolo gave up three runs on three hits and a pair of walks in the eighth.
- Sophomore Nick Johnson finished off the eighth for Rhody with a three-pitch strikeout.
- Four different players recorded multiple hits for Fordham, led by Like Stampfl's 3-for-5 day at the plate.
- Greg Weissert earned the win for the Bronx Rams, going eight scoreless with eight strikeouts, two hits and one walk.
Rhody and Fordham return to Houlihan Park to close out the Atlantic 10 series on Sunday afternoon. First pitch is set for 12 noon.