Rhode Island Starters
Foley (LF), Foreman (1B), Corin (3B), Hess (2B), Figueroa (DH), Olmo (RF), Powell (CF), Livingston (C), Heiss (SS), Wessel (P)
Florida State Starters
Deluzio (CF), Henderson (2B), Sansone (3B), Raleigh (C), West (LF), Walls (SS), Miller (RF), Busby (1B), Petrey (LF), Sands (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island suffered a sweep at the hands of No. 14 Florida State, falling to the Seminoles for the third straight day in a 23-4 loss Sunday afternoon.
Florida State (3-0) pounded out 24 hits and scored in each of the first seven innings. Trailing 3-0, Rhode Island (0-3) got a single run in the top of the third to close within two runs. However, the Seminoles scored 20 unanswered runs as 15 different Florida State players had at least one hit and 14 different players scored at least one run on the day.
Inside the Box Score
- Ryan Olmo had two hits and extended his hitting streak to 14 games.
- Also notching a multi-hit game was Chris Hess, who has reached base safely in 20 consecutive games.
- Freshman Brett McManus hit his first career home run, a solo blast in the eighth inning.
- Jordan Powell and had one hit, one run scored one stolen base and one run batted in. He had a team-best four hits in the series.
- Connor Foreman and Mike Corin each had one hit and one RBI. Corin's hit was a double.
- Chase Livingston got his first hit of the season with a single.
- Over the final two games of the series, Rhode Island committed just one error.
- Five Florida State pitchers combined for 13 strikeouts. Starter Cole Sands (1-0) allowed two hits and no earned runs while fanning six in five innings of work.
Rhode Island heads to Maryland for a three-game series starting Friday, Feb. 26.