Rhode Island Lineup
Caputo (SS), O'Connell (LF), Corin (1B), Quinn (DH), Sherburne (CF), Hetzel (RF), Livingston (C), Lynch (3B), Hopkins (2B), Sterner (P)
George Washington Lineup
Bartosic (LF), Selby (RF), Campbell (3B), Beightol (1B), Xepoleas (CF), Mahala (SS), Steele (C), Bryant (DH), Kashi (2B), Lewarne (P)
How it Happened
For the first time in the series, George Washington (17-29, 10-14) got on the board first, using a two-hit, three-walk second inning to take a 4-0 lead. The Colonials tacked on three more in the fifth to go up 7-0 before Rhode Island (11-37, 6-16) plated two in the top of the sixth. Mike Sherburne scored first - on his second home run of the season - and TJ Lynch made it 7-2 with an RBI single that drove in Chase Livingston. The Rams added one more in the top of the ninth - on a run-scoring single by Pat Quinn - but that was as close as they would get.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Pat Quinn and redshirt freshman TJ Lynch both recorded two hits and an RBI in the loss.
- Rhode Island's three runs were scored by redshirt senior Shane O'Connell, junior Mike Sherburne and sophomore Chase Livingston.
- Junior Ty Sterner took the loss, allowing six runs (all earned) on six hits over a four-inning start. He also walked four and struck out two batters in his first Sunday start since opening weekend (Feb. 16) at Florida Gulf Coast.
- Senior Nick Narodowy, redshirt freshman Matt Ferraiolo and redshirt junior Brendan Doonan each tossed a 1-2-3 inning of relief for the Rams.
- Bobby Lewarne went the full nine for GW, allowing three runs on seven hits with seven strikeouts.
The Rams return to action on Tuesday afternoon when they travel to Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Conn. for an 11 a.m. doubleheader with UConn.