Rhode Island Lineup
Taveras (2B), DeRegis (CF), O'Connell (DH), Foreman (3B), Hetzel (RF), Quinn (C), Lynch (1B), Malone (LF), Warnock (SS), Moyers (P)
College of Charleston Lineup
Butler (2B), Pappas (1B), Haidt (SS), Murray (LF), Wise (3B), Jones (DH), Glazer (RF), Welke (C), Pastorius (CF), Clarke (P)
How it Happened
Charleston (5-1) took advantage of a costly third-inning error, scoring its lone run of the game with one out in the third on a misplayed ground ball. Rhode Island (1-5) had placed runners on second and third with one out in the top of the inning, but back-to-back strikeouts ended the threat. The Rams would have runners in scoring position twice more, but were unable to push any across.
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Nick DeRegis recorded two of Rhody's hits on the afternoon - his first and second of the season. He was the only Ram to finish with multiple hits.
- Senior Pat Quinn also reached base twice, going 1-for-2 with a walk.
- Overall, Rhody stranded eight runners on the night.
- Sophomore Steve Moyers was charged with the loss, despite allowing just one run on four hits over a six-inning start.
- Sophomore Brad Applin and senior Nick Narodowy each tossed a scoreless inning of relief.
- Charleston's Taylor Clarke tossed five shutout innings to pick up the win while Hayden McCutcheon earned his second save of the season.
The Rams and Cougars return to Patriots Point to closer out the series on Sunday at 1 p.m.