Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Landi (LF), LeBel (3B), Quinn (DH), Fortunato (2B), O'Connell (C), Foreman (1B), Stenhouse (RF), Caputo (SS), Russell (P)
Central Connecticut's Starting Lineup
Migliazza (DH), DelaCruz (RF), Sportman (CF), McIntyre (1B), Washburn (LF), Turgeon (SS), Ingham (2B), Fitzsimons (C), Palmisano (3B), Severino (P)
How it Happened
Central Connecticut (11-10) jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the third and added another in the fifth move ahead 4-0 before the Rams (12-15) got their first - and only - hit of the game in the bottom of the fifth.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Kevin Stenhouse was the only Ram to record a hit, going 1-for-2 with a walk.
- Freshman Connor Foreman also reached twice on a pair of walks.
- Freshman Brian Russell earned the start on the hill, making his first career appearance for the Rams. He struck out four of the 12 batters he faced - including the first two of the game - but took the loss after giving three runs (two earned) over 2.2 innings of work.
- Freshman Lou Distasio recorded three strikeouts over an inning and a third of relief.
- Robby Anderson picked up the win for CCSU, tossing two innings of scoreless relief. Overall, the Blue Devils' seven pitchers combined for nine strikeouts while allowing just one hit on the afternoon.
- Bobby Migliazza and Dylan DelaCruz led Central Connecticut at the plate with two hits apiece. Migliazza also scored twice and drove in a run while DelaCruz picked up an RBI.
Rhode Island is back at Bill Beck Field this weekend for a three-game Atlantic 10 series against Massachusetts. First pitch is set for 3 p.m. on Friday, 1 p.m. on Saturday and Noon on Sunday.