Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Landi (RF), LeBel (3B), Quinn (DH), Stenhouse (1B), Fortunato (2B), O'Connell (C), Famiglietti (LF), Caputo (SS), O'Sullivan (P)
Florida State's Starting Lineup
Delph (RF), Gonzalez (SS), Stewart (LF), McGee (C), Davis (DH), Brizuela (3B), Miller (CF), Sansone (2B), Smit (1B), Miller (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (0-3) jumped out to a 5-0 lead over the first four innings and kept Florida State (3-0) off the board until the sixth, when the Seminoles plated a pair of runs. Rhody added another in the top of the eighth to take a 6-2 lead but FSU came back with a four-spot in the bottom of the frame, evening things up at 6-6. With one away in the bottom of the 10th, Florida State's DJ Steward then sent a two-out shot over the centerfield wall to give FSU the 8-6 walk-off victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Chris Famiglietti and juniors Joe Landi and Pat Quinn finished the day with two hits apiece. Landi also scored once and drove in a pair of runs while Famiglietti and Quinn each had an RBI.
- Sophomore Tim Caputo and junior Jeff Roy each scored twice, going a combined 1-for-10 at the plate.
- In his first collegiate at-bat, freshman Connor Foreman singled to center in the top of the ninth.
- Junior Liam O'Sullivan allowed just three hits and two runs in a no decision start. He struck out two and allowed two runs over 5.1 innings of work.
- Sophomore Ty Sterner and junior Milan Mantle combined for two innings of relief, giving up four runs (all earned) on three hits and four walks.
- FSU's Gage Smith - who came on in the top of the 10th - picked up the win for the Seminoles.
- Redshirt sophomore Brendan Doonan took the loss, finishing the day with two hits, two runs and a walk over two two innings pitched.
- For the second day in a row, Rhody out-hit Florida State (9-8). Over the three-game set, URI collected 23 hits while FSU managed 22. However, the Rams issued 27 walks compared to Florida State's 14.
- Rhody also stole seven bases over the series, with junior Jeff Roy going a perfect 3-for-3 in steal attempts. The Seminoles did not attempt any stolen bases over the weekend.
The Rams return action on Friday, Feb. 22 when they travel to Oxford, Miss. for the first of three games against Ole Miss.