The University of Rhode Island Department of Athletics will recognize the Builders Surplus Student-Athletes of the Week throughout the 2015-16 academic year. Each Monday, the top male and female performers from the previous week will be featured on GoRhody.com.
Audrey Castro - Volleyball
Junior - Long Beach, Calif.
- Had 35 kills, 25 digs and three service aces combined in matches at Saint Louis and Dayton
- Had a .234 hitting percentage in the matches, (35 kills, 13 errors, 94 total attacks).
- Recorded her fourth double-double of the season with 17 kills and 17 digs at Saint Louis.
- Has reached double figures in kills in nine consecutive matches.
Emil Jesman Sunde - Men's Soccer
Freshman - Stavanger, Norway
- Helped URI to a pair of 1-1 draws in back-to-back games against nationally-ranked opponents - #22 Boston College and #18 Saint Louis.
- With Rhody trailing BC on Wednesday night, he set up Dominik Richter's game-tying goal just 16 minutes after entering the game as a substitute.
- Netted a second-half equalizer for the Rams on Saturday night, one-timing a shot past SLU's Sascha Otte to even the score at 1-1 in the 70th minute.
- Did not start in either game, but had a hand in both Rhode Island goals on the week.
Harold Cooper - Football
Sophomore - New Haven, Conn.
- Averaged 61.0 yards on three kick returns, including a 92-yard touchdown return at Brown Saturday.
- The 92-yard return is tied for the fifth longest in program history and is the longest in CAA action this season.
- Also rushed for a career-high 109 yards and one touchdown, averaging 7.0 yards per carry.
- Finished the game with 305 all-purpose yards, which is the most by any player in a single game in CAA Football this year.
Previous Builders Surplus Student-Athletes of the Week (2015-16)
Sept. 28 - Alyssa Brehler (women's cross country), Billy Walthouse (golf)