The University of Rhode Island Department of Athletics will recognize the Builders Surplus Student-Athletes of the Week throughout the 2015-16 academic year. Each Monday, the top male and female performers from the previous week will be featured on GoRhody.com.
Charise Wilson - Women's Basketball
Sophomore - West Babylon, N.Y.
- Scored a game-high 25 points in Saturday's win over Davidson.
- Connected on four 3-pointers, marking the fifth game this season she hits at least four shots from beyond the arc.
- Also had six assists and four rebounds against the Wildcats.
- Has netted 20-or-more points in three of Rhody's last four games and has scored in double figures in all but one game this season.
Samuel Snyder - Men's Track & Field
Senior - Hopewell, N.J.
- Finished second in the shot put at Northeastern's Joe Donahue Games, recording a new career best with his 16.67m throw.
- The distance - which was the seventh-best throw all-time at URI - is the best in the Atlantic 10 this season, by almost four feet.
- Also won the shot put at URI's Sorlien Memorial Invitational.
Previous Builders Surplus Student-Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 28 - Alyssa Brehler (women's cross country), Billy Walthouse (golf)
- Oct. 5 - Audrey Castro (volleyball), Emil Jesmen Sunde (men's soccer), Harold Cooper (football)
- Oct. 12 - Elizaveta Sadovnikova (tennis), Tez Wilson (football)
- Oct. 19 - Franki Darnold (volleyball), Dominik Richter (men's soccer)
- Oct. 26 - Callan Kinnan (volleyball), Billy Walthouse (golf)
- Nov. 2 - Ryan Oakley (men's soccer), Layne Self (volleyball)
- Nov. 15 - Dominik Richter (men's soccer), Charise Wilson (women's basketball)
- Nov. 23 - Dominique Ward (women's basketball), Tim Wienclaw (football)
- Nov. 30 - Four McGlynn (men's basketball), Samanatha Tabakman (women's basketball)
- Dec. 7 - Jarvis Garrett (men's basketball), Mariah Claudio (women's track & field)
- Dec. 14 - Keiko Hector (women's track & field), Samantha Tabakman (women's basketball), Kuran Iverson (men's basketball)
- Jan. 4 - Four McGlynn (men's basketball), Charise Wilson (women's basketball)
- Jan. 18 - Mariah Claudio (women's track & field), Nigel Hill (men's track & field)