Posted: Sep 15, 2014
The University of Rhode Island Department of
Athletics will recognize select Student-Athletes of the Week
throughout the 2014-15 academic year. Each Monday, the top
performers from the previous week will be featured on
Nils Leifhelm - Men's Soccer
Freshman - Goalkeeper - Munster,
- Recorded his second shutout victory of the season in URI's 1-0 win over Yale on Sunday.
- Stopped a season-high six shots against the Bulldogs.
- Also made five saves against Lehigh on Friday.
- Posted a .917 save percentage and a 0.50 GAA in 180:00 minutes played this past week.
Callan Kinnan - Volleyball
Sophomore - Setter - Los Angeles,
- Totaled 155 assists through 13 sets, averaging an impressive 11.92 assists per set.
- Double-doubled twice, at Northeastern (51A/18D) and Cincinnati (45A/12D).
- In addition to her 155 assists, she totaled 42 digs, 13 block assists, three service aces and 11 kills.
- Also posted a .385 hitting percentage with just one attack error on 26 swings.
Previous GoRhody.com Student-Athletes of the Week
- Sept. 8 - Franki Darnold (volleyball), Dante Lamb (men's soccer), Donika Murray (women's soccer)